Future self | Teen Ink

Future self

The advice I would give to my future self would be to not spend so much time worrying about the future and just to focus on now. Just take one step at a time. Stop thinking What if… because the countless times I have worried about something for no reason at all. At this point, I just hope your brain doesn’t explode because of how much you worry.

I also would suggest to myself to move on from the mistakes I have made and continue to make and to not let them bring me down because trust me I have made too many to count and that is normal. I hardly even remember the times I have forgotten to do the homework because I have learned to be prepared. If you don't make mistakes, how will you learn? Life goes on and doesn't have time to pause and watch you look at yourself with disrespect. There’s no time to punish yourself for the mistake you made last week or even last year because it won’t matter. What you should be focusing on is what we want to be perceived as and how we want to live. 

The last piece of advice I am giving myself is to stop comparing yourself. You're special.  You're good enough. Do not let anyone show you or tell you differently. There are people out in the world who love you for the person you are. They love your kindness and you should continue to show this trait because it goes a long way.  If you doubt yourself or give up on yourself how are you supposed to reach your goals? You are going to go through rough patches, be the person to get through it. 

So overall, if you make mistakes, learn. If you compare, stop. There is no doubt in anyone’s mind that you can be the person you were born to be.