Teen Drug Abuse | Teen Ink

Teen Drug Abuse

October 28, 2021
By ImamaNajdat BRONZE, Erbil, Other
ImamaNajdat BRONZE, Erbil, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

    Yesterday at seven o'clock in the evening something surprising and strange happened in the village of Roseland. That was when some teenagers were seen taking drugs and they were addicted to it. They were six teenagers, three girls and three guys. Their ages were between fourteen and seventeen, 14-17 years old.


   It seemed that when I was in the city and started hearing from some close people that there was a rumor that there were some teenagers whose faces were covered so that no one knew them who were buying drugs from Jack's drug store and they are specifically from Roseland village. I went to Roseland village to be sure of my suspicions. I started watching one of the abandoned houses at the end of the village. They will surely go to it so that no one will see them, and I took some policemen with me. When we saw them, they tried to escape quickly, but with some effort we managed to catch them. These teenagers were from broken families with a lot of problems, and because of that, they were doing these inappropriate behaviors. There is a mother of one of the teenagers who said to me after she knew what her son was doing without her knowledge “ I did not expect that from him at all. There was a period he had laziness and lethargy, but I never thought it was because of drugs. I thought it was because of the study. Also he was always out of the home and he always stayed with his friends telling me that they were studying but now I knew everything.”


     Authorities decided to send those teenagers to rehab center with school education. They have to be there until they are fully recovered. Parents were fined for negligence. Please be aware of these activities in your neighborhood.


The author's comments:

I am publishing this article which had Teen Drug Abuse title as the first piece of my work. I would like also to tell you that this article is not real or not in a personal experience. I have only written it for writing ( article) purpose.