bisexual | Teen Ink

bisexual

October 18, 2021
By fearless_kitten20 BRONZE, Fairview, Oklahoma
fearless_kitten20 BRONZE, Fairview, Oklahoma
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

In this world we live in, the lgbt are more accepted now than in years pass many bisexuals have to face prejudice and their own insecurities.

I am a bisexual myself and i believe we should be shown more respect and acceptance, it has been shown that 52% LGBT community is bisexual. Research studies estimate 3.9% of the u.s. adult population self-identify as bisexual, (5.5% females, 2.0 as male) and 6.0% of u.s. high school students from 9th-12th grade self-identify as bisexual as well. (9.8% female, 2.4% male), it's a sufnificant amout of bisexual's in the u.s. And because of that fact and number's their should be more awareness and acceptance for people with different sexual orientation and it fill'stheir of basic human decency.


The author's comments:

Even though i'm 16 and i know who i am as a person, im independant, hard-working and im still trying to be a good writer like my uncle and he inspires me to do the things i love and no matter what someone negatively talks to me or act towards me its their fault not mine not yours theirs and they have to deal with that. They say bisexuals are fake undecided but they are wrong and any person or teen or bisexual out there knows that, "we are who we are, and we are ourselves and i am me no one else".