The Walk | Teen Ink

The Walk

May 23, 2018
By LaneDaw BRONZE, Norman, Arkansas
LaneDaw BRONZE, Norman, Arkansas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I was walking through the woods behind my house and it was a windy chilly day in the springtime, I was just walking to take somethings off my head because I was a little stressed, after and argument I had with my friend, I was just walking trying to just think about other things.
I was planning on walking to a place we call green cove, but for some reason there was an eerie feeling about this walk. I couldn’t think on what it was but I could feel it through my bones through my whole body like a shiver. I also had the feeling that someone or something was watching me so I stopped for a minute and I could hear footsteps very faint but I could hear the leaves crunching, but when I stopped it stopped. So I pulled out my Buck knife out of the scavard and kept walking, then before I knew it something heavy was on top of me and was not letting a muscle in my body move at all. It scared my so bad I couldn’t even make out what was on top of me for a second, then I could feel the knife blade slowly stabbing down into my thigh and I screamed in agonizing pain, I saw that it was a large solid black cat, the pain from the knife was so painful it took my breath away. I could hear it and feel it POP POP POP down and down deeper I looked up and it was the panther just looking at me in the eyes with then  a feeling of security and safety went all over my body, it slowly stepped off me and stood right on top of me and was just staring at me but oddly it stared deeply in my eyes. I suddenly had a urge to run so I got up and started running, I thought it was chasing me so I looked back and it is sitting there just watching me running away from it as quick as I can. I left my knife back there on the ground. I made it back home and was sitting on the porch and had went from a sprint to a walk because my stabbed leg was throbbing, I looked at it and there was so much blood that my pants had turned solid dark red and were dripping so I went in the house and covered it, took a shower and went to bed.
The next day I woke up to a normal day, I walked out on the porch and was looking down and saw my knife just laying there on the top of the steps, and I looked to the right and I saw the beast sitting there looking at me. It was huge bigger than an normal panther, looks at me silently for a moment and slowly turns around and walks back to the woods.