The Man With the Gun and the Mom That's Gone | Teen Ink

The Man With the Gun and the Mom That's Gone

May 5, 2016
By Odell_Kobe BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Odell_Kobe BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It was around September in the 1800’s. Back then nobody had any idea what month it was, and no idea what year or what time of the year it was, but we had a certain type of living life; we were so pour that our house looked like the house in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The way mostly everybody lived whether you were pour, rich,white,or black but all that happened was mama cooked, daddy got drunk all day, kids ran out of the house barefoot because we were to pour to by shoes, and all Grandpa did was complain all day. “When is dinner gonna be ready.” “God dangt kids keep your mucky butt outside.” That was how life was the kids had to bust their butts all day and if they didn’t they just were just waiting to get their little butts severely damaged.

One day, we were at the dinner table and our home phone never ring and I mean it doesn’t even move, It just sits there collects all the dust in the world, that thing is probably the oldest thing since George Washington. That day was probably the craziest day that I have ever have and ever will experience. The phone rang, “Ding, Ding” Mama jumped like a frog that was about to get eaten by a snake. She ran over to the phone and answered, “Myers residents” the voice snaps at her “I don’t care who you are I just want to tell you to run, run I tell you they’re coming.”

The next morning, we are packing up we are going to beautiful country of Mexico. I thought we were just going on a vacation because I have never been on a vacation because we were so pour. We flew out as soon as we could, but when we got to our hotel that looks like it has been abandoned we turned on the television and the first thing on was a news report that some Russians have invaded our city looking for us. The whole day I have been wondering why anyone would want to destroy us. Later on that day was probably the worst news I have ever found out I was so disgusted that I could barely look at my mom.

My dad has spilt the news he has told me. Recently, every day when my mom says she is going to the garden she is actually doing some type of gang activity. The Russian are their own gang and they’re and nemesis to the MS13. As I was strolling with my head down back to my room my mom yells, “It was all for you.” “Bang” the sound of that gunshot has struck my heart forever. As I turn to see the gunpowder hovering in the air I can see a body on the ground I am crossing my fingers and praying that our savior can save my mother.

I’m crying, wait I’m balling my mother the person I have lived with my whole life, and my mentor. The next day we had planned a funeral and surprisingly have 1 million people came to her funeral but what I didn’t realize was 100 of them were rival gang members and as I am walking to the bathroom I open up the bathroom door and a guy is standing there saying your mom made the right decision and you can to or can make I for you. He puts the gun to my head and is finger slips off the trigger and as I could see his sweaty disgusting tattooed finger slip all that was going through my mind was is this how my life is going to end? My mom is gone and I don’t want to go out like my mom. I need to be there for my dad, I cannot die right now I have a full life to live and this is going to be how it ends. “Bang”……..