The Saxophone Slaughtering | Teen Ink

The Saxophone Slaughtering

April 28, 2016
By ilikepie9641 SILVER, South Plainfield, New Jersey
ilikepie9641 SILVER, South Plainfield, New Jersey
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was the big night. Bryan Windo’s Jazz Symphony was being played at the Sydney Opera House. It was also the night he would be murdered, for Bryan gave the saxophone solo to Jerry, not the best saxophonist Charles Silver. Charles was extremely insulted, he had worked all his life to get to that point and stupid Jerry had to come and ruin it. So what Bryan and Jerry were roommates in college, Charles deserved that solo and everyone knew it. Charles knew he had to get his revenge.
The show was about to start and Bryan came running out onto the stage with his signature Union Jack bowtie and slicked back hair and with him was stupid Jerry. Jerry was wearing a dumb sweater vest walking around like a bumbling idiot. Everyone was flabbergasted to learn he could even play a note the saxophone, much less an entire symphony. But alas Charles’ dream had been crushed by stupid Jerry. Charles stared out into the beautiful opera house with gold velvet seats and an amazing arched ceiling. He knew he mustn't be upstaged by Jerry.
Throughout the entire production Charles smiled hysterically at Jerry and Bryan, knowing that his name will go down in infamy and their names will soon be forgotten.
It was finally time, halfway through the third movement, Jerry’s solo. As Jerry got up to play his solo Charles ran across the black wooden stage and pushed Jerry over. The gasp of the crowd was subdued by the melodic song coming out of Charles’ scintillating onyx saxophone. But suddenly after playing the notes D, E, A, then D a knife popped out of the bell of the saxophone. As this occurred Charles stopped playing and drove the murderous saxophone into Bryan’s chest.
Bryan weakly cried out, “Et tu Charley, then fall Bryan.” to which the crowd gasped in shock and horror.
I did it thought Charles that’ll teach him to take away my solo. But at that very moment Charles realised something, he forgot to plan his escape. In the confusion of the moment Charles was able to run down the red carpet through the aisle of the opera house to make his escape.
When Charles got outside he saw the local high school’s mascot, a kangaroo. After incapacitating the high schooler inside he disguised himself as a Kangaroo. When the police came running by looking for him, Charles pointed telling the police he went into northern Sydney. Thanks to his narrow evasion of the police Charles safely returned to his apartment building.
Charles sat down on his black futon and took of his Blues Brother-esque fedora and sunglasses and turned on the television. NBC news was on with his favorite newscaster, Brian Williams.
Brian Williams stated, “Today in Sydney, Australia the famous composer Bryan Windo has sadly died. He is survived by his lovely fiance Fran. He was murdered in the Sydney Opera House by his deranged saxophone player, Charles Silver. Silver was last seen wearing a black tuxedo with a fedora and sunglasses. If you have seen this man or know anything of his whereabouts please call the police immediately.”
After hearing those words come out of newscaster Brian Williams’ mouth, Charles realised the severity of what he had done. He knew he had to turn himself in but he couldn’t live the rest of his pathetic life in prison, he knew what he had to do.
***
“This is the police open up!” yelled a burly man’s voice as he kicked open the door. The man and his squad of policemen searched the apartment for the wanted fugitive, Charles Silver.
“I can’t wait to see this dirt bag rot in jail for the rest of his life,” muttered one of the other policemen. But alas this dream would never come true as Charles was found in a pool of his own blood in the bathroom with a note that read I’m Sorry.


The author's comments:

The murder mystery story involving a saxophone, a kangaroo, and a sweater vest