The lost Hope | Teen Ink

The lost Hope

By Emiligh BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
Emiligh BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado

The ringing phone filled her with dread. Walking  down the hollow, dark, long hallway to pick up the phone, she felt someone watching her. When she got to the phone it stopped ringing. She was turning around, she heard someone say “Answer!” Suddenly the phone started ringing again. She took a deep breath and answered. “Hello” She whispered.  “Hello, Mary Jane” “What do you want!?” She yelled at the mysterious voice on the other side of the phone. “You have 10 days to do what told you! or else.” The mysterious voice hung up. Mary Jane didn’t know what ‘or else’ meant. She didn’t know if she should do what the mysterious voice told her to.

Two days passed, the mysterious voice called again. Mary Jane didn’t answer she was too afraid. The Phone rang and rang for 10 minutes suddenly she heard a “Bing!”. She had gotten a voice mail. Mary Jane open it. It was the Mysterious voice. “Why didn’t you answer me, Mary Jane. I know you’re you’re listening. Go down the block, on the 3rd house you’ll see what will happen if you don’t do what I told you.” Mary Jane didn’t know if she should go. She ended up going after an hour. She was walking down the block, she could see police cars in front of the third house. As Mary Jane was getting closer and closer to the house she started getting more and more scared. Once she got to the fourth house she stopped and started to run back to her house. Then she realized that she had to go see what happened. So she started walking down the block again. When she went inside, she saw a man about 40 years old lying in the kitchen with a bunch of scratches and knifes in this chest and stomach. “ What happened?” Mary jane asked a detective. “We got a phone call from the next door neighbor they said that they heard someone yell ‘ You didn’t do what I told you!’ then they heard the man scream for help.”

Five days passed, Mary Jane was standing outside a blue house. She was watching a lady about half her age playing with a little girl. They were laughing and having fun. Mary Jane couldn’t do it, she didn’t want to destroy that family’s happiness. She went running back to her house crying. Once she entered her house the phone started ringing. Mary Jane picked it up. “Hello” “Why didn’t you do it, Mary Jane? You only have three days” The mysterious voice said. “ I can’t destroy that family's happiness!” “ Well if you don’t do it, you know what will happen.” The mysterious voice hung up.
     Two days passed, Mary Jane went back to the blue house. She was standing outside watching the little family play. Suddenly the little girl ran to the window and screamed. “Grandma!” The mom and the little girl ran outside. “Mom!” the lady yelled “Hi honey” Mary Jane answered “Come inside” “I can’t I have to go. I just wanted to say that I love you and miss you. And to give you this card, open it when I’m gone” Mary Jane got in her car drove off. Mary Jane’s daughter opened it and in the card it said ‘Jennifer, I’m sorry I never spend time with you anymore but a mysterious voice called me and told me that I have to kill you or else he will kill me. But I can’t do it! Today was the last day to do it. I’m sorry. I will always love and miss you.’ Jennifer ran inside and called the cops. Then she got in her car and drove to her mother's house. When she went inside she saw her mother lying on the floor, DEAD.