The Projector | Teen Ink

The Projector

September 10, 2015
By ConnorWritesStuff BRONZE, Loveland, Colorado
ConnorWritesStuff BRONZE, Loveland, Colorado
4 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
Just because you started out bad doesn't mean you have to end horrible.


The Projector was a work of art, truly magnificent. "Wow, this projector, it's, beautiful! I have never seen anything like this before, how much is it?" The customer asked. Jim's Antiques had many projectors, but this one was... different. It's design was of a telescope; its golden mold reflecting sunlight onto the white walls of the antique store. The frame portrayed grape vines, twisting crudely over each other. The weedy creepers were large, and gnarly , the grapes that hung from the dead plants looked more like raisins. Beautiful nonetheless.
"Sir, I... it's broken." The sentence came out in a nervous, hardly audible voice. "The... Um, old owners, said it wouldn't, project, it's... Um... broken." The man picked up the old projector and inspected it, rubbing his thumb down the design, and stopping at a small ridge that indicated the switch. Click, that's the sound the switch made as the projector turned on, and to my horror, flashed disgusting images of people burning, their skin turning slowly to ash, onto the wall of the antique store. Their flesh was a dark, raw, red instead of smooth and pink. The people were so desperate for food, they were eating each other, and even themselves, their teeth digging into human meat, then tearing it upwards like rabid dogs.
Unlike me, the man looked excited. "I'll take it!" exclaimed the man as he pulled his wallet out of his pocket, filled with enthusiasm, and happiness that he could finally add this piece to his collection. YOU HAVE TO TELL HIM! I screamed at myself. "Si.. Si... Sir, th.. That projector, it doesn't, it doesn't project those images with light, it... It, it only projects images of the place you will go after you die." The color in the man's face drained; all of his energy seemed to leave him, being replaced by fear. His large, animated, grin, was transformed into a cold, dead, scowl as he looked at the back of the projector, and realized that no light was coming through. "I'm sorry, but you've sealed your fate," I stated solemnly.


The author's comments:

I'm back! Thank you for reading my stories! And I plan on making many more stories. Now stop reading this and start reading The Projector! Enjoy!