The Dangers Of Marriage | Teen Ink

The Dangers Of Marriage

June 9, 2015
By PrincessTreeHugger BRONZE, Greensboro, Maryland
PrincessTreeHugger BRONZE, Greensboro, Maryland
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was a bright warm, spring day. The air was crisp and fresh, the perfect day for a wedding. Coincidentally, it was Hellen Murphy’s 93rd birthday. Hellen was so happy for her granddaughter. Willow looked beautiful in her white dress, the hint of blue bringing out her eyes. It was almost time for the wedding to start as Willow’s fiancé, Dan, took his spot in the front of the garden. The music started, tears forming in Hellen’s eyes as she watched Willow walk down the isle, a bright smile on her face. Willow’s chocolate brown hair was framing her face in gorgeous waves, Willow’s eyes also seeming to glisten with tears. As she reached her fiancé, Hellen had a strange feeling that something bad was going to happen. Hellen started fidgeting uneasily in her chair. She assumed no one else felt this way because she looked around and saw everyone was as cheerful as could be. Willow noticed her grandmother acting weird and fidgeting. She knew Hellen wasn’t feeling right and knew her grandmothers gut feelings were never wrong. Willow made eye contact with her grandmother, silently asking with her eyes “should we stop the wedding?”. Hellen’s eyes widened to the size of saucers and franticly shook her head NO.

After the initial vows and trading of the rings, the preacher says “you may now kiss the bride!” but Dan had another idea. Out of the corner of Hellen’s eye she saw Dan reach into hi suit pocket and pull out a long curved dagger. She panicked knowing what he was planning. Dan went to strike but Hellen saw this coming and tackled him to the ground before he could. It took all of her might to get the dagger out of his grasp and hit him in the face. Hellen saw that he wouldn’t give up and knew there was only one option. She wrapped her wrinkled hands around his neck until his face turned blue and he took his last breath. Hellen let go when she knew Willow would be safe. There were looks of pure shock on the guests face as Hellen looked around. She gave Willow one last hug before collapsing to the ground, the action causing her heart to give out.