The Devil Came At Midnight | Teen Ink

The Devil Came At Midnight

December 5, 2014
By Kaitlincutie GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Kaitlincutie GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
19 articles 1 photo 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
Whether you think you can or can't, you're right


"We will be home in a few days. There is money for food and emergencies in my top dresser drawer. Love, Mom and Dad" read the note hung on the refridgerator. I didn't mind being home alone. So, I called over some friends to see if they wanted to sleep over. Jassica, Annie, and May came over. I pulled out a bunch of sleeping bags and covered the whole living room floor. Jassica was the first to come. Which was super early. May came over about twenty minutes later. Then, Annie came a little later. As I gestured Annie in, she held something in her hands. A ouiji board. I've always wanted to use one, but my parents were too over protective. As we asked the others, they agreed we should try it. We decided to wait until it was dark. I ordered a pizza and we watched a couple "scary movies". About ten o' clock, we decided to make a scary Youtube video. It ended up being a really lame take on "Scary Mary". It was really fun to make. Finally, it was midnight. The perfect time to start the game. Jassica lit some candles, Annie turned off all the lights, I got towels to wrap around our head (for fun), and May got the game ready. We weren't in the room, but May played the game herself. Which was the number one rule. "NEVER PLAY ALONE" spelt in bold letters. As Annie, Jassica, and I enter the living room, May was gone. No sign of her whatsoever. All of us thought she was hiding on us, or in the bathroom. So, we started playing anyway. I annouced, "Hello. Is there anyone who is not busy?" We waited for a few minutes. No answer. Jassica asked a question. "Is there anyone who wishes to talk to us?". Just then, our hands started to move. It spelt out the letters, W-A-T-C-H O-U-T T-O-N-I-G-H-T. We looked at eachother, and Annie asked a question. "Wha-" she froze. Jassica and I looked at her. As we turned behind us, we saw May. "May, where were you?" Jassica asked with concern. She just stood there. Just then, her feet rose up. Higher and higher, until she was in mid-air. Jaw dropped, we shook. Jassica, Annie, and I, stood up. What we forgot, is we can't remove our hands from the board until the spirit says goodbye. The board went nuts. Just then, Annie disapeared. It was just Jassica and I. We ran faster than ever before. Hiding in my room, we saw the door open from in the closet. It was Annie. She crooked her head t'wards the closet. At that moment, Annie dropped to the ground. Dead. Just then, a black shadow, flew from Annie's body. As I started a scream, Jassica covered my mouth. The next morning, I woke up in a hospital next to Jassica. The doctor says that everything that happen was a dream, and Jassica and I passed out because of the intense heat. "N- no! That all was true! Our friend was posessed and DIED!!! THEN THE OTHER IS MISSING!!!" I shouted. The nurse came and put something in my IV. I then, fell asleep. I woke up at exactally midnight. I looked in front of me, to see May standing their. "H-hey May. Where did you go?" I said kind of groggy. She just looked at me with a devil-ish smile. Just then, something black came t'wards me. I closed my eyes. Praying it was all just a dream. I woke up to weird words. As I sat up rubbing my eyes, I looked over to Jassica. She was sitting in bed saying weird words. When I yelled her name, she turned her head to me. Then, she screamed a really loud shreik. As a nurse ran in, she instantly died. I started screaming. Jassica fell to the floor, and was dragged out the door. As I look in front of me, it was the devil himself. I was thrown out of my hospital bed. That moment, I was stabbed. At the first hit, I bled really bad. The next, I was dead. Now, I am trapped in the Neatherworld. While a deamon walks in my body, I took my place as him. May was found a week later, torn to shreads in the woods. Jassica is in a mental complex, reciving help. Then Annie, was found dead in my house. Now, I am the devil who arrives. At midnight. 


The author's comments:

It isn't the best story, but I intend to make a better one.