Love Affairs | Teen Ink

Love Affairs

October 13, 2014
By Anonymous

Oklahoma City, in Oklahoma is where Mr. Meredith, a respected business man and all round good husband lived. He owned the most popular restaurant in town and everyone knew it, including  his wife of one year .
Sabrina Meredith is known for her beauty and her dramatic ways. But Scott Meredith never paid attention to rumors, but this time he should have.
“Sabrina I’m home. I brought those pearls you wanted. Sabrina, Honey?” There was a rustle in the bedroom and Scott walked towards it. He opened the door slowly just in case and saw……
“Sabrina!” Scott said in horror as he  saw his wife tied to a chair and a man wearing a mask half way outside the door. Scott ran over to his wife and untied her, as the thief jumped down from the window. “Are you alright? Honey?”
Sabrina looked at his husband. “Why didn’t you come home earlier? What were you doing out so late? YOU’RE CHEATING ON ME! Well I’ll tell you one thing, No one and I mean no one, cheats on Sabrina Meredith. You hear me? No one!”
“No I’m not.” Scott said frowning.
“YES YOU ARE!”
“No”
“YES!”
“I said NO!” Scott stormed out of the room and right out of the house.
Likewise, Sabrina walked off in a fit which was ironic since everyone knew she was the one having an affair. In fact that was exactly who she was going to meet.
At Daniels apartment Sabrina knocked and let herself in. “Daniel are you alright? Who would’ve thought my husband believed you to be the thief?”
“Well I am aren’t I? I stole you after all.”
“Daniel I think I’m ready to leave my husband. I’m going to go home and pack things up.”
There was a knock at the door and on the other side was an officer. “Hello?”
“Are you Daniel Jason?”
“Yes?”
“You need to come with me son.”
“ At 10:00pm Mrs. Meredith called the office reporting the murder of Scott Meredith. Scott Meredith was stabbed in the back resulting in death. The weapon was found to be one of Mr. Meredith’s restaurant butcher knifes. It is believed college student Daniel Jason and Sabrina Meredith are having an affair. This is all the information we have boys. We need to solve this before the trail runs cold.”
“Now Mrs. Meredith I’m going to ask some questions and I want you to answer them truthfully. Mrs. Meredith do you and Daniel have a intimate relationship?”
  “I don’t see why that would matter.” Sabrina said curtly
“I see. Also Mrs. Meredith do you know anyone, anyone at all who could have done this to Mr. Meredith?”
“N-No my husband was well loved here…. W-well maybe Daniel might. I had seen him and my husband fighting earlier tonight.”
“I see. Well we no longer need to ask any more questions.”
“What does that mean?”
“It means we have known who the culprit was since the beginning.”
“Y-you do? Who?”
“Why Mrs. Meredith it was your lover Daniel who murdered your husband. And don’t even give me a surprised face because we also know it was your idea. Daniel admitted to everything a half hour ago. And as we see it, it was mostly your doing the only thing Daniel did was give you the butcher knife and you did the rest yourself. The way I see it Mrs. Meredith this is well suited to you after all you would have suffered after the death of your husband after all he left all his money to charity.”


The author's comments:

School project >.<