Nightmares Can Be Real | Teen Ink

Nightmares Can Be Real

By that_kidd_Sierra18 BRONZE, Kings Mountain, North Carolina
that_kidd_Sierra18 BRONZE, Kings Mountain, North Carolina

Pride will cost you everything but leave you nothing.

Nightmares Can Be Real
During the dark, cold, and lonely winter nights Sam never feels safe. Sam is a 16 year old boy in high school, he lives in a small town. Since Sam was little there was something strange about him. He always wondered if he actually belonged to his family, “I need to know if i’m adopted please tell me the truth please,” Sam would plead. He has black hair and bright blue eyes while his mother Lucy and father Jack both have brown hair and green eyes.
Everything started going downhill on the night of his 6th birthday. He started having nightmares so bad he would wake up with cuts all over his body. Night after night and year after year things continued to get worse. Screams sounded loudly in the midst of the night, Lucy ran to her son’s room in trembling fright. Roughly she tried to wake up her unconscious son. Screaming with a terrified tone “ Sam, wake up, wake up, Sam,” he didn’t make any movements. Weeks later Sam woke up in the hospital, tubes and machines everywhere. He went into a sudden panic after seeing a girl standing in the shadows. She stood tall with hair covering her face. Doctors rushed in immediately, holding him down to the bed tight to be sure he couldn’t hurt himself or the people around him. At the age of 14 Sam was sedated for the first time. Almost a month later he finally got to go home.
Today Sam turned 16, everything seemed to be going very well at the time. As night came Sam found himself not wanting to sleep, he knew the consequences very well. The clock struck 12 and he passed out on the couch. the nightmares begin, he is terrified as he realizes he actually isn’t in a dream. “This is really happening,” he stated, Sam began to run faster and faster. Sam stopped and looked, he then saw the truth that the demons aren’t after him the are part of him….his eyes turned black.

Nightmares Can Be Real is about a boy who continuously has bad nightmares then discovers a shocking secret. I decided to write this because I have an extreme passion for horor stuff.