Haloween Free Write | Teen Ink

Haloween Free Write

May 19, 2014
By Josh Shoffit BRONZE, North Richland Hills, Texas
Josh Shoffit BRONZE, North Richland Hills, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

By the time your reading this I will be dead. It started last night. Well, I was almost home, driving down the gravel road. Someone dashed across the road about six feet in front of me. I swerved quickly barely missing the stranger, but after I swerved I couldn’t gain back control of the car. I went back into the woods and smashed into a tree. The headlights quickly faded away, and then it was completely black. I opened the glove box and retrieved the flash light. I inspected it to make sure it would come to life. I threw open the door and started out toward the road. I heard the crunch of leaves and sticks under unwanted stranger’s feet. I pulled myself back into the car, flicked the flashlight on, and scanned through the trees looking to find the mysterious stranger that had made the noise. Then the thought came to my existence, my cell phone had been on my lap when the unwanted stranger passed in front of me. I searched the car; my phone was nowhere to be found. Then, I heard my ringtone. I peeked out the window to find my phone lying on the ground by a mysterious shadowed figure. I grabbed the light and shined it toward the figure. It was gone but my phone was still there on the ground. I made the courageous decision to go for my phone. I pushed open the door. I froze as the door squeaked. I heard footsteps of what sounded like a man running through the trees. I squeezed myself through the small space between the door and car. I ran and grabbed my phone and kept running. I heard the crunch of leaves it got closer and closer. I pulled up the keypad and called my sister. Like all scary movies I had no reception. I heard the crunch of the leaves once again. Only this time it was right behind me. I turned slowly and saw a figure. It was tall and dark. An arm from the figure grabbed my throat, I had no breath. I was dying. I had to do something. I snatched up the nearest stick. The stick sliced through the air as I swung to hit the figure. It retrieved the stick from my hand and threw it. It was over. I saw golden light. Then disappeared into the glow.