Trapped | Teen Ink

Trapped

April 22, 2014
By Mister_J PLATINUM, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Mister_J PLATINUM, Colorado Springs, Colorado
42 articles 3 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Captain, I wish to report a mutiny. I can name fingers and point names." - Captain Jack Sparrow


“Mommy, it’s dark in here.”
“It’s okay, honey. Just be quiet. We don’t want him to hear us”, she said. Her teeth were chattering wildly. She had nothing on but a nightgown, and her bare feet were pierced by dozens of pieces of glass.
“But I don’t like it here, mommy. It’s too daaaarrrkkk”, Julie started sobbing. She was only five, and she was extremely frightened by the dark.
Julie put her head down and curled into a ball, covering her ears to block out the slightest noises. Mom grabbed Julie and put her in her lap. She pet Julie’s hair. “It’s okay, it’s okay, just calm down. We’ll be fine.”
Mom heard the heavy footsteps again. They were coming from above her. She had heard those same footsteps outside just before someone shot through the windows in the living room. Mom had grabbed Julie and ran for the garage. She just barely made it in before the shooter started shooting wildly. The shooter hadn’t found them yet. She wasn’t going to go outside, though.
The footsteps stopped.
“Mommy, is he gone? Is he g-”
RATATAT-CLACK. Several bullets came flying through the ceiling, all of which struck the ground just a few feet in front of Mom. She tried to crawl backwards, but her feet were in extreme pain. She held back a whimper.
“Shhhhh. Don’t say anything, honey”, whispered Mom to Julie.
The footsteps started again. This time they thundered down a set of stairs.
“He’s coming, he’s coming, mommy, he’s coming, mommy stop him, stop him, stop him nooooooowwwwww!” shrieked Julie.
“Shhhhhhh!” hissed Mom.
The footsteps got closer. They got louder. They were almost at the door.
“STOP HIM, mommy stop him!” screamed Julie.
The footsteps stopped at the door.
Mom and Julie sat in silence.
The door slowly opened.
A tall figure stood in the doorway. Mom couldn’t see who it was. He was cradling something in its arms.
Mom shivered as she saw the gun on his back gleam for a split second.
The figure tossed down what it had in its arms. Whatever it was rolled over to Mom.
Julie’s blank eyes stared up at Mom. She was dead.
Mom gasped. She stared over at what she had in her arms.
A small man with long hair was in her arms. He was pointing a silver pistol at Mom’s forehead, and he had an evil look in his eyes.
“Mommy, it’s dark in here”, he said.
He pulled the trigger.


The author's comments:
This is probably my most terrifying piece simply because of the innocence of Mom and Julie.