Senior Nightmare | Teen Ink

Senior Nightmare

November 8, 2013
By _tuhhmaraa BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
_tuhhmaraa BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
4 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"That's real"


I saw nothing, but the smallest possible outline of a shadow, and a very very dim light at the distance. Like a light bulb that’s about to give out, but the closer you get to the light, or so you think, the further the light gets as if you're never going to reach it. It’s just a never ending dark hall, sitting their terrified, with my heart racing I get up and push the heavy metal shackles off of me and I start to walk. While being barefoot, I felt cold water puddles on the icy concrete floor, hearing the pitter patter of water dripping, like a leaky pipe. The smell blood, tears, and death. In the distance I hear the sharpening of some type of metal, so I stopped and just stood there, but when I stopped the noise stopped. Then I heard footsteps coming in my direction, I looked and seen this shadow coming towards me, getting closer and closer. The closer the shadow got to me, the further back I moved. With the shadow still a long distance from me, I felt around me for some sort of protective object. When I came across something that felt like glass, it was a mirror. With only being able to see only a portion of my face, I seen tears rolling down my face, with fear in my eyes and uncertainty in my heart, not sure of what’s going to happen. But having the feeling of no hope and being scared for your life. As I look up I see the shadow coming directly towards me, the shadow has the build and shape of a man, with something big and shiny in his hands.

Not knowing who this person is or where I am, I grab the next big thing I could find and hurled it at the man that was now about five feet in front of me. I heard a cling noise, the noise of someone being hit with something along with the groan of a man. I then seen the man fall to the ground and I took that as my opportunity to run.


1 Day Earlier
June 31, 2013
9:45 PM



“Oh my gosh Candace!” said Kayla, “You will never guess who’s here at this party, you need to hurry up and get here!”

It was this guy that I’ve had a MAJOR crush on since eighth grade. But he has never paid any attention to me or given me any time of day. So hearing that he was there was my opportunity to talk to him or get him to notice me. He only went for the really pretty popular girls, girls like Rebecca (the captain of the cheer squad, that I didn’t make thanks to her). By the way I don’t really consider myself as pretty because I have braces, nor am I popular but going to this party is an advantage and he might actually give me a chance!
(Little did I know, that he would be the one to set me up and put me in this whole situation)

Partying isn’t really my thing, matter of fact nothing is really my thing. I’m more of a home body, but since I’m a upcoming senior this year everyone keeps bugging me to open up and be free since it’s my last year of being in high school. “Senior year is always the BEST year”… same thing I’ve been hearing since I started high school. Looks like it’s time for me to step out the nest for once.

Before I could even get five feet away I felt a hand grab the back of the big stained t shirt I woke up in. Still unaware of how I got in this shirt or where the stains on this shirt came from. I was yanked back, stumbling over my feet and falling over, I finally see the man, but he was standing over me with a mask on his face. He was huge, and I’m small, using all his force he held me down with one hand as he proceeded to hold a cloth over my mouth by the other. I slowly started to drift in and out of consciousness, and he grabbed me by my ankles and dragged me away. That’s all I could remember about that part, and wasn’t sure what happened after that cause I blacked out.

BANG! BANG! BANG! I heard this loud banging and it woke me up instantly just to find myself chained to this chair. Although I couldn’t see clearly, it was like a glazed coating over my eyes. I was still able to make things out though. And to my left I see this man in the corner staring at me with a hammer in his hand. I’m guessing he was trying to purposely wake me up. I just stared at him trying to see who he was, to see if I know him from somewhere, but I couldn’t make his face out since majority of it was covered with a mask anyway.

“Why are you doing this to me?” I asked. “Who are you?”


He just looked at me then walked away, but as he was walking away he mumbled something, which took me awhile to clearly interpret but after thinking about it for about 10 minutes I realized that he said...“Your worst nightmare.”
The man was gone for about 30 minutes, and then all of a sudden the television in front me turned on. It was the nightly news which had me as its main headline, most painful thing I ever had to watch, but to see your friends and family all crying, no one knowing where you are including yourself. At least I know they cared about me, but all I could do was cry while watching that. Then the scene unexpectedly changed, and it was my best friend Kayla along with other friends, they were being questioned about the night at the party. About what happened to me and if they had seen anything. Those interviews lasted for about 15 minutes, and during those 15 minutes they had said there was some strange man walking around the party who know one seem to know, they started describing him. They then said that I was a cup but I left it unattended to go the bathroom (which I do not remember at all). Kayla then said she stood there and waited for me though, but got distracted by someone else then left. She said she seen my walk out of the bathroom and back over to drink, but after I took a sip she hadn’t seen me anymore for the rest of the night. Another person had mentioned how there has been talk about someone at the school hiring some man to spike peoples drinks at parties, but no one considered it as a big deal at first.
The television cut off and the man walked back in the room, he came up to me and hit me several times. Each blow made me slip more and more out of consciousness, and right before the last blow he said “Josh paid me to this, but this entire extra stuff was all my idea, your mine now and you will never see daylight again... Candace.” Then he hit me one last time and blacked out completely.