Devil | Teen Ink

Devil

June 20, 2013
By Meonly BRONZE, Granite Falls, Minnesota
Meonly BRONZE, Granite Falls, Minnesota
4 articles 0 photos 10 comments

As I was walking down the river and yonder, I stared at the streaming water.
A small whirl pool formed and out came the devil.
As I gasped the morning fresh air, he stares with his black sleek hair.
An average man with dark blue eyes, standing on water as if it were normal.
The first mistake I made, was asking him what brings him to enter upon my day.
“I have come to take you, burn you down into the ground, and then remake you”
As I was already in the slumps of my mind, that thought sounded alright.
His one hand was out awaiting to take mine, he was a man without a doubt.
I looked up and said, “God why.”
I trollop down the grassy hill, while he stares with a smirk of complete satisfaction that he had won.
Well Mr. Devil, little do you know, I have once been down your road before.
I take his hand and down we go, deep beneath the river floor.
Not to my surprise were standing at the gates of Hell.
I’m screaming at my head to quite its mind.
“I know, I know, but Lord do you see how going with him was killing me with curiosity.”
Five little things came crawling up to me.
Now I won’t play you stupid, because if you put it together in actuality, it was five little demons standing at the door waiting specifically for me.
I was astounded, thinking someone had finally been waiting for me.
Then the average man led me deeper into the dark hot flamed tunnels.
He turns around with his eyes at a glisten, and gives me their names.
One was Shame.
The second was Guilt.
The third was Escape.
The fourth was Drugs.
And the fifth refers to himself as a lost cause, Death.
I ask now, “Where is the sixth, Faith.”
He chuckles and laughs as if this were a comedian act.
“There is no faith when surrounded with flames, now follow me and we can sign a deal that says your mine to take. “
I have been down this road before, but I didn’t dare once step through the doors.
Standing there with pen in hand, “Is this man mad?”
Why did I follow this man, I could have kept walking on.
Now here is the devil to take my broken soul to burn and send the dark black smog to the angels sweep my ashes so they can weep.
Each demon in me is now staring at me with despise.
I say two words of prayer, “Help me.”
The back of head says turn around and run.
I tell the Devil it was nice to meet you but I have to go.
I quickly turn and run straight towards the doors the lead me outside the gates of Hell.
Outside was an angel waiting to help me through.
I asked this angel one thing, once I was back on the street next to the streaming water, “Why did you come when it was almost too late?”
The reply, “Sometimes things get too deep, before you realize you need to speak, sometimes we have to feel the heat of our burns before we are ready to face the demons we hide.”
She hid her face and flew off in a blissful pace.


The author's comments:
The fight of addiction