In The Sky | Teen Ink

In The Sky

May 9, 2013
By Devalara PLATINUM, Landenberg, Pennsylvania
Devalara PLATINUM, Landenberg, Pennsylvania
21 articles 0 photos 39 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Would you kindly?" ~ Bioshock


I just had to imagine it. Raise the blade. There we go, raise it. A little closer. A little closer. Inches away now. Keep going. Closer, closer. I can hear his heart beating. Closer. Stop. Now, just… just drag the blade across his throat. Quick! Do it! I said do it! Hell Daniel! Just hell! Do it Daniel, KILL THIS GUY! I open my eyes. The guard is inches from me. The illusion is gone. Oh god, oh god, oh god! You have to get through here, you have to do it, you have to kill him. He would kill YOU if he heard you. Look at how he holds that gun: he’s a murderer. He’s a god dang murderer. You know what, I’ve got to stop talking about this: he- that murder’s gonna hear me. Maybe I could try to imagine it again… It’s just one quick movement. Just one guy. I bet- I know he’s killed innocent people. He has that… look…… oh what the hell am I talking about!? Look, Daniel, he’s got a wedding ring!


Oh hell. He’s got a wedding ring.


Maybe he has a wife, children, family? Oh hell oh hell oh HELL! This was easier when he was a nameless obstacle, and when I WASN'T TALKING TO MYSELF. You know what, just shut up Daniel. And stop saying your own god dang name.


Hell. I can’t. Now he’s humming a song. Don’t listen don’t listen don’t listen don’t listen.


It’s… no, shut up.

THE BEATLES! Hell.


He’s heard me now. You’re not imagining this. You’ve got to do it. You’ve got to get past this gu- MURDERER! I mean MURDERER! That’s all he is! A thug! A god dang obstacle! Lift the blade! There you go, Daniel, there we go! AHH there’s that song! Just hell. Sing along, Daniel, sing along: it’ll go easier.

‘Cellophane flowers of yellow and green,’

Closer.

‘Towering over your head,’

Closer.

‘Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes,’

Closer!

‘And she's gone!’

MURDERER!

‘Lucy in the sky with diamonds!’

YOU DESERVE IT! YA HEAR ME!?

‘Lucy in the sky with diamonds!’

DESERVE IT!

‘Lucy in the sky!’

Oh, hell, HEEEEELLLL!

‘IIIIN THHHHHE SKYYYYYYY!’


I-

Ther-

I just-

He’s-



He’s-





I-









I-












I…?