Struggle to Survive | Teen Ink

Struggle to Survive

By sidsidsid BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia
sidsidsid BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia

Who are these people? And why are they after me? Bolting up the stairs, I couldn't help but think about what had just happened. The speaker was killed, and with an audience of a thousand, panic spread like wildfire. But why me of all people? The three armed men seem to lock onto me like heat-seeking missiles, and I had no choice but to run. My legs are hurting now. With five stories left to climb, I don’t think I’ll make it. Come on, legs! Move! Move! Charging through the metal door, I could feel exhaustion upon me. I was at the roof, and there was no exit. They would soon be upon me. Think, think! Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the fire escape. Sprinting, I climbed down the ladder so fast I nearly fell.
I had nowhere to go now. Two black Mercedes pulled up, and I was trapped in an alley. My mind was racing. But I was out of options. Two men from each car emerged, all in black suits and sunglasses. One pulled out a gun and instructed me to kneel. It dawned on me what was happening. As I obeyed their commands, I realized the unavoidable fate I was meeting. So this is how it ends I guess. With the gun to my head, the man uttered some unintelligible garble. Goodbye world, I thought.
CRACK! The man with the gun slumped over in a heap. As the other three mean wildly looked about, two of them also slumped over. The last man standing scrambled for his car, but before he could get there, another crack rang through the air, and he fell over, screaming in pain. But a few seconds later he was quiet. What is going on? I thought. Perhaps the shots came from men who were trying to help me. Or maybe they were trying to capture me as well. I wasted no time as I jumped into the Mercedes and sped away down the road. I had some time, for now.

I hope this will be an interesting read for people who read it.