The Monster Inside | Teen Ink

The Monster Inside

By TheMysteriousElfie GOLD, Cleveland, Ohio
TheMysteriousElfie GOLD, Cleveland, Ohio

He stares at me.
Trying not to feel bothered, I just keep scrubbing all of the dirt and grime off of my complexion. I am longing for the cleanest of faces. Nothing but the purest of them. But, that's just one of the problems. I just wish that he would stop at staring at me.
Peeved, I glance at him. All that I can't help but notice is his shrill, tucked-in sort of face. His eyes are the shade of dark velvet. His nose is deformed, oozing out gunk from the nostrils. His lips are dangerously thin and open like a tunnel. It still makes me question as to how something so fearful can reflect upon a shiny, illuminating glass. I wonder why he chose me. And my mirror. My life. I just wonder for all three. I place my hands on the cold edge of the sink. I confront him once again.
He shrieks, I breathe a breath of bravery. The beast in the both of us is too strong. He attacks me once again, coming into my soul with his filthy self. I hear a high-pitch holler inside of my being - it's him. I holler back. GET OUT!!! He listens, and he leaves. Being typical, he is still there... Still back in the reflection of myself being through the mirror. Mysteriously, I begin to notice a new change in him. He seems weak, he struggles to hold himself up. Suddenly, he shrieks yet again, this time, louder. He collapses and turns into a million little dust particles. He's gone, but I will never live down my deceits.

I was inspired to write this piece through the struggle that one may experience amongst their lifetime. It is about an ordinary human who, in yet, lives within many vices and sins they have performed in their life. Enjoy. <3

I AIN'T NO HOLLA BACK GIRL! ;D