Etched | Teen Ink

Etched

By TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

I looked up and found myself face-to-face with a long black jacket. Standing up cautiously, I discovered the rest of the figure: a black scarf wrapped around where a neck should've been and a ski cap covering all of the face except for the left eye. A lump formed in my throat, and my efforts to push it down proved useless. Being my bold personality, I choked up enough air to mutter a simple, "Hi." The second the cursed word left my lips, the man sprang into action. His hands wrapped around my neck and squeezed every inch of air I had previously had. I glared with hatred at the man's single revealed eye, evilly glowing with a strong red colour. When I couldn't stand the pressure any longer, I went limp, collapsing onto the cold hard concrete. The last image I saw, the man's glowing red eye, was permanently etched into my memory, trapped there forever to haunt my soul.

I originally posted this anonymously... It's time for me to crawl out of that ditch and be proud of my work!-------You could interpret this to be about drugs/smoking/alcohol, with the figure being those things.