The Unknown Chapter 1 | Teen Ink

The Unknown Chapter 1

December 3, 2011
By TragicMagic SILVER, Smiths Grove, Kentucky
TragicMagic SILVER, Smiths Grove, Kentucky
8 articles 1 photo 37 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life isn't about how popular you are... What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts...and our minds. This is the reason why we sing... this is the reason why we cry... this is why we live."


Of all the things in the world, this story is more than likely one you won’t believe. It all started with three girls, who would soon meet. Scattered across the states, they all came to meet in a small town called Belleview. Each of them came there to escape their awful past, to only find that many of the stories they were told are true.

At age seven, Lilac saw a face in a window that she’d never un-see. She never told anyone of what she saw; she had convinced herself that it was in her imagination. That evil white haired demon was long buried. On the same day a young girl named Shadow was walking the streets of New York with her mother when she saw a little rock fall from a building. Being six, she ran to it and found a small crescent shaped rock made of onyx. She kept it on a string around her neck from then on. This leaves the last girl. Rose’s sister practiced witchcraft, and one night after being angered by Rose, her sister cast a spell on her. This spell was meant to only cause misfortune. After her sister had moved away her father left her mom for a younger woman, and that was only the start.

It was many years before something else happened. Rose was now thirteen, Lilac was almost twelve, and Shadow was eleven. When sixth grade started, the complete strangers felt as if they already knew each other; an instant click. Destiny has a funny way of working.

That day was the first day of October. A new girl was on the bus and by this time Shadow and Lilac were already close. It couldn’t have been coincidence that Rose had sat in the seat directly behind them. Shadow is one of those people who will say hi to any person in the world. That was basically how it all started.

A week later they were all in Shadow’s lawn staring at the sky. “Can I trust you guys?” Shadow asked them sitting up. “Yes.” Rose responded. “Yeah.” Lilac told her. “We could be like the three musketeers!” Rose said making Lilac and Shadow start laughing. “No! We would be the three musktets!” Shadow said between fits of laughter. “Sure.” All night they told secrets they had never told anyone else.

Something else happened that night too. Lilac and Shadow were outside because the air was cool and they loved it. Lilac had her back turned to the road and Shadow was leaning against her mom’s car. Shadow pointed to a tree across the road. “D-do you see that?” she asked Lilac. “See what?” Lilac turned and screamed. There in the tree was a long-haired man who looked a lot like the one from her window, but this one had blood red eyes. “No, no, no, no, no, no,” Lilac murmured, “not again; please no.” Shadow followed her to the house. “What do you mean by not again?” The story poured from her.