Inconsiderate Victim | Teen Ink

Inconsiderate Victim

By AngelsLullaby GOLD, Neverland, Idaho
AngelsLullaby GOLD, Neverland, Idaho

Music is a higher revelation from wisdom and philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven

Silence was all I heard after a long night of hearing innocent people scream in pain and beg for their lives. Why he keeps me alive I do not know. In fact I have no desire to live any longer. Is being alone in a small, dark and damp room better than being at peace? I’d rather be dead than be here with only the cries of pain to accompany me. But of course there is the man that brought me here. The man that causes my suffering and tortures those innocent lives for kicks. I only see him a couple times a month. He would throw food to me, make sure I’m alive and leave. I’ve learned to eat whatever is given to me. I never know the next time he’ll give me food. The only water I have is the water that leaks through the cracks when it rains. I’m not sure where I am but it rains all the time here. I rarely see the sun shine or the clear blue sky up above. There is a small window in the room where I have been living, but the only view is a very messy room with loads of blood splattered all over the walls. I know his victims, the ones that don’t die instantly, here me crying sometimes.
I remember the first night I was brought here exceptionally well. I attempted to help a girl who wasn’t much younger than me. I broke the window and climb out trying to help her escape. I didn’t know why he just left her there, but I was determined to get her out of here. As I unstrapped her arms from the table I felt a sharp pain in my back and fell to the ground. Realizing that I had just been stabbed with a large hunting knife, I heard the wicked man cursing at me as he kicked my legs then dragged me to the other side of the room. The young girl was screaming for him to lets us go. “She’s going to suffer because of you.” He sternly whispered in my ear as he chained my arms to the wall. Her frightened blue eyes gazed over at me as he dissected her still breathing body. I was horrified. I wept uncontrollably as I watched the life deplete from her eyes. Even to this day, I still remember the look in her eyes as he raised the knife then plunged it into her flesh. He slaughtered that poor girl in front of me. She experienced severe pain before she was murdered because of me. I often ask myself if she wouldn’t have suffered if I wouldn’t have attempted to rescue her. “Why did he just leave her there?” I contemplated. Perhaps he knew I would help her. But why would he allow it? What if he wanted me to get out? These questions kept forcing they’re way into my mind. I gazed through the window contemplating if I should try to escape.
“Why not? It has to be daylight out and he’s not around until nightfall.” I took a deep breath and jabbed my fist into the glass window. I winced in pain but didn’t make a sound. I waited silently to make sure he wasn’t anywhere close. After a couple minutes of quiet, I slowly slid out the window. It was a miracle that I didn’t cut myself on the glass. As I stood up on my feet, I gazed around the blood stained room. Blood was everywhere and there were different kinds of knives hanging from the wall. The strong nauseating odor from all the blood attacked my nostrils and made me gag. I held my breath trying to ignore the chunks of red that were tossed around the room as I tiptoed my way to the door. I could tell by the detail of room it was an old house. The paint was peeling from the walls and the house moved and swayed in the wind outside. There were dark greenish black spots on the white ceiling that was slightly brown and gray due to years of dust, which resembled mold. The aged home creaked and moaned as I grew closer to the door. A startling thought hit me, What if this old house is haunted? A bitter shiver shot up and down my spine. A slight feeling of relief swept over me. Leisurely, my hand reached for the knob. The cold brass tingled in my palm as I gripped the doorknob tightly. My breath quickened with excitement as I turned the handle. I hurled the door opened and once I saw it was clear, I darted like I was being hunted by an atrocious fiend. I looked behind me as the daunting and frail house shrunk in the distance. For a moment, I felt that the outside of the house was scarier than the inside. Because I was so out of shape from being cooped up in a small room for who knows how long, I couldn’t run for that long. As I started to slow down to catch my breath I heard a twig snap. I stopped in my tracks fearing he was stalking me. My heart was hammering noisily in my chest. I searched around me but couldn’t see a person anywhere. Severely panic-stricken, I felt my feet drag me forward. I heard a click that sounded as if it came from a gun ready to fire. I quickly realized I was being hunted. This was a sick warped hunting game to him. I heard the click again but this time it was louder. I jerked forward and cried out in pain. My shoulder ached and throbbed. It wasn’t a bullet, but an arrow. I got up from the cold woodland floor and cradled my injured arm. I felt warm liquid drip down my arm as I continued running. The woods grew quiet. All I heard were my own footsteps. Something isn’t right. The thought kept booming in my head. Something just isn’t- The sound of metal banging together rang loudly in my ears as I once again fell to the ground. Brutal pain unhurriedly crept up my right leg then throughout my entire body. I found myself not being able to breathe but the pain was incredibly intense. I raised my head from the forest floor and saw my head had been resting in a small pool of blood. The entire left side of my head was covered in blood and throbbed powerfully. I glanced down at my ankle and realized it was caught in something.
I slowly sat up releasing a small whimper from my lips. My vision was slightly blurred. I assumed that I had hit my head on a rock when I collapsed. Once I could see a little more clearly, I tried to get a closer look at my ankle. A bear trap! Tears ran from my eyes as I looked up and in the distance saw a light moving towards me. I was struck with fear. I reached down and attempted to pry the toothy mouth of the trap from me. The more I tried, the more I was in pain but I insisted on getting myself free. I winced as my fingers got cut on the sharp edges of the massive trap. I glanced up only to find the light gone. Painful whimpers and whines escaped from my mouth as I struggled to get free. I felt a hand grasp my unharmed shoulder. I was overcome with fear and screamed. “Whoa whoa I’m sorry,” an older man said, “I didn’t mean to scare you. What are you doing out-“ “Please you have to help me!” I shrieked. I was relieved that it was a stranger instead of the man that was hunting me. “Good gracious child! What happened to you?” The old man set his lantern down next to me and rushed to my ankle. He was almost as horrified as I was. “Jonathan! Come quickly!” he yelled into the cool fall air. “Please… help me… he’s coming...” I begged between sobs. A younger man in his early twenties rushed to the old mans side. He was smiling until he saw me. He too looked horrified. The men were dressed for hiking. The younger man muttered something to the other as he took a canteen from his backpack. He gently raised the canteen to my lips and held the back of my head with his other hand. The cool fresh water felt good on my dry lips. He set down the canteen. “This arrow needs to come out.” He said almost regretfully. I nodded and took a deep breath. Jonathan snapped off a piece of the arrow and gently tugged on it. Even though it was extremely painful, I tried my best not to scream as he pulled the arrow from my skin. Jonathan’s eyes were full of remorse. The relief that had entered my mind was soon turned to panic. I heard a click once again.
Before I could warn them, an arrow shot through the air and punctured the old man’s head. “Dad!” Jonathon screamed. The old man’s blood splattered all over me. “Come one!” Jonathon yelled trying to help me up, “We have to get out of here!” “I can’t!” I cried. I glanced at my ankle which was still stuck in the rusty bear trap. “Just go! I can’t run anyways with my leg.” I muttered miserably. He was hesitant to leave me there. He knelt beside me and looked me in the eyes. “My truck is only a mile and a half away. I can carry you-“ “Just go Jonathan!” He looked shocked and unhappy with my decision. “I will bring back help.” He shouted as he darted down the path. He continued shouting while he ran almost as if he was trying to lure the man hunting us away from me. I reached for the bear trap and tried to pry it apart. Three gunshots echoed throughout the woods. I froze praying Jonathon was ok. There was another shot, then silence. I moved my hands across the entrapment trying to find a switch or a button that would release me. I tugged on the chain but it was stuck to something. I was overcome with the feeling that I was going to die here. I knew I had lost a lot of blood and even if I could open the trap, I couldn’t run away from this horrible place. I began to cry when I heard a rustling in the bushes then silence. Before I had time to think, I was jerked back with great force. I yelped in pain and fear as I was dragged by the snare through the forest. “Should’ve stayed in your room,” a deep husky voice carelessly mumbled. I clawed at the ground and screamed for help. I felt more pain as the snare cut my leg deeper. My voice started to get hoarse from all the screaming I did. All I could do was cry. The trap cut so deep into my leg and as he pulled on the chain, the sharp edges began to scrape the skin right from the bone. Immense pain shot throughout my entire body. The cruel man dragged me up the stairs into the house. I was dragged into the bloody room then finally released. He dropped my leg causing me more pain then he walk back to the door and slammed it shut. I sat straight up dreading what he might do. He scooped me up in his arms the way he did the day he kidnapped me. He dropped me on the blood stained table and unhurriedly picked out on of the knives that were lying on the counter top. His bitter merciless eyes gawked at me as if he wasn’t sure about his decision. “Please…” I pleaded. He raised the jagged knife to his icy gaze as if he had to inspect if first. “Look what you made me do,” he contemplated, “so inconsiderate.”

I wrote this last month for Halloween. I know it's a little late but better late than never.

dude its suppose to be gory. it was for halloween..

this is great! scary but great! i love it!

gelly said...
on Dec. 3 2011 at 12:35 am
You are a gifted writer.  How about a story with less gore and something that inspires humanity to greater things?  You've got what it takes to use your words to change the world for better!

AngelsLullaby GOLD, Neverland, Idaho

Thanks! Shall I rtf?

wilderose121 said...
omg Angie (can I call you that?) this is AMAZING! 5/roses to you with chocolate! The gore was thrilling, the story devastating, and the whole thing was just wonderful!

AngelsLullaby GOLD, Neverland, Idaho

Thank you so much :)

milforce SILVER, Bloomington, Illinois

"Those who have the ability to act, have the responsibility to act."

This is awesome! You did an amazing job describing every little thing and making the guy who was hunting her as creepy as possible. Really great job!

AngelsLullaby GOLD, Neverland, Idaho

Thanks! Yes she's a girl :)

BluBliss GOLD said...
on Nov. 22 2011 at 4:46 am
BluBliss GOLD, New York, New York

Bella's love for Edward was like, "Omg. He's hot. He's mine because he sparkles. Now I'll brood the wholle book while I'm with him."

This has got to be the best article i've read in the term of action. I realy did find myself in teh hosue and next to them when she was caught in the bear trap. (at least, i'm guessing its a girl....) I really like how you created the gore and emotions. of course i'm a gory person, so this might be just me, bt still. good job.