It's Just Acting | Teen Ink

It's Just Acting

July 14, 2011
By Delictious GOLD, Lubbock, Texas
Delictious GOLD, Lubbock, Texas
16 articles 5 photos 151 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I would like to be remembered as a woman who did the best she could with the talent she had."


“Don’t move,” he whispered his voice shaking as he took slow, steady steps forward, “Whatever you do, you better not move.” Wind thrashed through his hair, causing the brown strands to flicker in and out of his vision; a crowd had started to form below them, everyone staring up in amazement, eyes wide and mouths hanging down fighting to beat the others to the floor.
“I have to,” she replied just as faintly, “I can’t be here with you; I’m a monster. I can’t put you through this!” He stopped, just a few feet from her, and gazed into her eyes. She looked back, not knowing what she should do now. He was making her confused, should she go on, or go with the man that she loved?
She loved him. It was a new concept to her, nothing that has ever been conceived in the mind of someone like her before, but she knew that this feeling she had going on at that very moment must be it. There was no other explanation to what it could possibly be other than love.
Grabbing for her hand, just as she lunged forward, Isaac swayed on the ledge tittering back and forth from the unforgiving edge. Her hand slipped from his, and she fell down towards the shocked crowd below. The wind picked up, whipping through both of the lovers hair, as she lunged towards the hard surface below the building.
Someone screamed while another man started to call 911, but all Isaac could do was stand up there, balancing on the edge of life and death as he saw his true love plunge to her death. He growled like a tiger, low and powerful, before he began to holler at the top of his lungs. He plunged his fist into the hard wall next to him, the crumbles from the stone clicking on the ledge where his feet stood. Blood ran down his knuckles, but he did not care, she was dead.
Falling, slowly but deliberately, she could not ever hear herself think. Wind attacked her from all sides, pounding into her frail and snow white body, her long, black hair lashing around her, smacking into her face and back. She heard screams, and frantic sounds from below, mingled with a painful moan from above her, growing louder and louder as she fell faster.
Sirens rang out, cars speeding towards the scene, people still franticly running around being of no help at all. A crash of thunder could be heard in the distance, followed by a sudden downpour of hard droplets of rain. A child began to cry, bolting from his mother arms, as he tripped and landed on the street below, scrapping his knee against the black pavement, now soaked in water and blood.

“Cut!” The words came loud and clear as the wind, water, and screaming came to an abrupt halt. Extras began to mumble with each other, talking about the scene and contemplating whether or not they would have to retake the shot. “Great job, great job,” the director said as he came towards his soaking wet crew members.
Andrew came over, having just been let down from the wooden ledge, and shook the director’s hand. “It was really great to work with you, I had a blast!” he exclaimed, overjoyed with the thought of being back home in the arms of his wife and surrounded by his three loving children.
“Oh, don’t say that. It was wonderful to just even have you even grace us with your presence on the set!” the director said with a sly smile, dreaming of accepting his Oscar for the film, the young man before him standing by his side. This movie was sure to be a success with this well-known actor in it, exactly why he had worked so hard to get Andrew to be in the film.
Extras scattered away, going off to their own cars and trailers to get dried off seeing that the take would be acceptable. Crew started to clear away large portions of the set, like the building, to make room for the new sets already being wheeled in from the big doors at the back of the warehouse. How they had gotten someone to be able to rig up a system to pour water was beyond most of the actors and actresses, seemed like the movie had not had a great budget to start with, let alone with getting Andrew on the movie.
Suddenly after realizing that she had not come to join them in celebration after her big scene, the director looked around and called, “Has anyone seen Maria? Where’d she go?” The few people left shook their heads, glancing around at each other, mumbling that the last time they had seen her was in the scene, right before she hit the safety mat that was under the building for when she jumped. “Someone find Maria!”
No one knew that she was right behind the giant, safety mat, having just missed it by a few inches. Most people deemed it as a terrible accident, maybe the rain or wind having caused the massive mattress to have moved the slightest of bit to the left, but only Maria knew the real reason—She was much too in love with Isaac to put him through the pain and difficulty of loving a creature much like herself.