Almost | Teen Ink

Almost

By CallMeMrs.Batman SILVER, Moreno Valley, California
CallMeMrs.Batman SILVER, Moreno Valley, California

"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to our enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to our friends."
-Professor Dumbledore to Harry Potter
"What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."
-Unknown

Labored breathing. Blood dripping. The *pit* *pat* of his shoes slowly stalking down the hallway. My hand flails on the floor, in search of something sharp. I grasp the blood-wet knife and I start to saw through the rope. My leg is covered in blood. He has stabbed me too many times and I lose a lot of it fast. He enters the room. His beady eyes watch me, taunt me, as I zoom through the thick, twisted rope. He walks closer. His hand reaches for the knife but I keep it away from him. He plays the game and emits his sinister cackle as his evil thoughts manifest throughout his head. His hand shoots for my neck and squeezes tightly. My eyesight goes blurry. With the knife still in my hand, I put the last few ounces of strength I have left in my arm into the stab I aim into his stomach. He screams and it echoes through the empty house. I pull it out and see it drips with a red slime. Thicker and more evil than blood. I try to saw back through the rope but I know this is the end. There is no way I can run with the way my leg is and even if I could, there aren't many places to run. I finally get through the last strand of rope and waddle my way through the dark hallway. There is hesitation with every step I take but when I see the dim light of the outside slither through the broken door. I practically crawl through the hallway and find myself under a brown sky. Bitter trees scatter across the red dirt. I turn and his power takes me in. I am gone with one last look at his pet. The pale horse safely locked in the stables.....................

I was remembering the story of The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. I realized how fascinating it is. I wanted to have a story that showed the rider on his pale horse coming for an innocent victim.

-Professor Dumbledore to Harry Potter
-Unknown

Alon_Freevoice: Thanks for the help and feedback! :)

IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

‎"I’m learning how to drown out the constant noise that is such an inseparable part of my life. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world: I run my world." - Beyoncé

there aren't many places to run... I think it would be better to write there aren't many places to run to
And you can, maybe, make it into paragraphs...

Anyway, this article is not boring unlike the others. Just polish it and ta-dah :)))

musicispassion PLATINUM, Perris, California

" Life is never easy for those who dream."
There are so many other quotes i need pages to write them

haha don't go there :P

-Professor Dumbledore to Harry Potter
-Unknown

lol... so what? are you calling yourself death or something lol?.... ahaa memories MORTICIA AHAHAHAHA

i will come on a pale horse haha jk :P

-Professor Dumbledore to Harry Potter
-Unknown

lol thanks. When Mrs. Hammond told us about The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse I was like instantly inspired to write this. :)

i read this at kate's house i like it good job