Dreams pt. 1 | Teen Ink

Dreams pt. 1

By living4God BRONZE, Matthews, North Carolina
living4God BRONZE, Matthews, North Carolina

'Be content with God but discontent with how you serve God.'

Courage isn't the absense of fear, it's the ability to do what you have to do in spite of it

“Cali!” Somebody yelled from behind me. I turned around and came face to face with my sister, Ginny. She pulled me into a hug. “Where have you been? I missed you!” I pulled away, confused. But Ginny kept talking. “Mom said we need to go get some money from the hotel over there.” I looked to where she was pointing and saw a high class hotel, complete with valet parking and a revolving door. I opened my mouth to ask Ginny why we needed money but no sound came out and I was already being pulled across the street, towards the hotel.

Ginny passed the revolving door and entered through a normal door, pulling me with her. I was disappointed; I liked the revolving doors. Ginny towed me over to the front desk and started talking to the concierge. “I need about $275, please.” She slid a little gold card across the counter. The concierge-his nametag told me his name was Henry- nodded politely and began to count the money out. My sister thanked him and dashed away without a word. I started to follow when I noticed something shiny out of the corner of my eye. I bent down and picked up a set of keys. I recognized them as Mom’s car keys. Ginny must’ve dropped them, I though, Ginny was always forgetting things. I pocketed the keys and ran towards the exit.

“Ginny! Ginny wait up!” I yelled after her. I could see her blonde hair up ahead. As I ran after her, I noticed something else: Two men in navy suits seemed to be following Ginny. One was keeping pace with me while the other shot ahead in pursuit of Ginny. “Ginny!” I shrieked. I sprinted ahead, aware of the man on my right, now openly pursuing me.
I reached Ginny right when one of them caught up with us. He grabbed her and before I could do anything, had her in a chokehold. I sensed someone behind me and whirled around. The other man stood before me, his face was twisted in a scowl. I tensed preparing to attack. I threw a roundhouse kick and got him in the side of the head. It didn’t seem to hurt him, though. I threw punches at him but he caught them all. Finally, I made it through. My fist connected with his nose. Still un-phased, he grabbed my right arm and twisted it behind my back. I cried out in pain as he twisted even more. Remembering the keys in my pocket, I took them out and jabbed the man in the leg. He cried out and released me.

It all hit me then: I was asleep. This was a dream. Once I realized that I could just wake up, I started kicking out everywhere. Wake up! I screamed to myself. My vision started to fade and I slowly became aware of the softness of my sheets and the soft darkness of my safe room. I relaxed and sighed in relief. All of a sudden, I was back on the street and one of the men stood before me, tightly gripping my wrist. “We’ll be back.” He whispered. Then he was gone. And that’s when my alarm clock went off.