I Always Know | Teen Ink

I Always Know

May 26, 2010
By Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan
Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan
8 articles 6 photos 211 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The stars are blazing like rebel diamonds cut out of the sun" -The Killers (Read My Mind)

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -George Harrison


The sirens sound behind me, making me smile. I knew. I knew how I wanted it to end. It was all going accordingly too. I run. I run from what I want. But I know how to get this. I know, I know.
“STOP!” I heard this word before but what does it mean? Stop what? I don’t ever bother to figure out; I just keep running and running.
The flashing lights follow me, along with the piercing noise. It all is going how it is supposed to. Told you I knew.
I remember the smell, the rainy smell. That wasn’t part of my plan. But it wasn’t going to stop me. Stop me from what you might ask. You don’t know though. Or do you?
They were gaining on me. But I still know. I still know this is part of my plan. It always works out. At least for me it does.
I turn down an alley, still running. But I am cornered. Surrender? Never. I drew my gun, one of my many unloaded guns and aimed. But they didn’t know. They didn’t know they were all part of my plan.
“HE’S GOT A GUN!” one of them yelled. Well I thought that fact was obvious but as long as they all know, know what they are supposed to know. Then all will go smoothly. I heard the sound I was waiting for. CRACK! I smiled as I felt the warmth slowly escape from my body.
“Told you I knew.” With that, I fell limply against the damp stone wall, feeling more alive than ever.