Taken, but we have found and been found | Teen Ink

Taken, but we have found and been found

March 22, 2010
By Bella913 SILVER, New City, New York
Bella913 SILVER, New City, New York
5 articles 0 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Death is easy, living is harder."


I finally found my voice and screamed for help but no one heard me. I kept going on and on with it, trying to plead with him. He just thought it was like a game. I offered money anything else but me, but he didn’t budge. Finally he let me go and walked out shutting a large door. He locked me in a room that contained nothing but a small bed in the corner. I was so terrified I let my body collapse on it. I was crying till my eyes burned. Im never gonna get out of here. Goodbye Jake. Goodbye kids. I love you all.
Part 3
It seemed like hours later the door swung open and I saw light slowely fall upon my face. I shut my eyes, held my breath and shrunk away from the person walking toward me. The person hesitated in front of me. I didn’t think I could hold my breath any longer so I let it out slowely and took in another gust of air. Out of nowhere the person laid a hand on my shoulder. I didn’t know what else to do but scream. The person clamped my mouth shut and spoke.
“Annie, be quite.” I recognized the voice immidiatley and looked up. It was Jake. I jumped up off the squicky bed and clutched myself to him. I felt the tears coming again. He smoothed my hair from my face and kissed my forhead until my breathing came easier.
“There, feel better?” he asked. I couldn’t speak so I just nodded. I finally realized this was the only reunion we would get at the moment so I crushed my lips into his for a split second. I didn’t want to move. I wanted to stay like this forever.
Suddenly we heard a low moaning coming from down the hallway. Jake pulled me off the bed and we ran out the door. We ran and ran, and then he jumped out of nowhere.
The Dink lumbered toward us with ropes. Jake stood in front of me in a protecting position. It all happened so fast when Jake and I fell through the floor. He clutched himself to me as we fell deeper. He wasn’t screaming like I was. We hit the floor on the bottom but it was soft, hard enough to knock the wind out of me though.We sat there breathing for a moment on the soft sand. I was planning of asking Jake what had happened. Then Jake pulled me of the ground and we were running again. It was light outside when we reached the end of the cave. We jumped in the car and drove off. After awhile I realized the kids weren’t in the car.
“Where are Alex, Mike, and Bella?”I asked curiously but worried.
“I left them by the end of the road. They are making a fire and cooking food,” He responded. I then thought to ask my questions.
“How did you find me?” I asked shocked.
“Alex gave me directions to a room he was locked in the first night he got there. I ran in there and found a key on the floor beside the door. I opened it and when I saw you there I thought you-,” he paused to take a breath and then continued, “-were dead by how still you were. You didn’t even budge when I walked in. I walked and stared at you. I didn’t know h-h-how I could let anything h-happen to y-you cause of wha-.” I cut him off then.
“It was my fault Jake. My uncoordinated feet didn’t want to work. I forgive you.” He stopped the car and pulled me into his arms. He hugged me for a very long time.
“Alright Jake, if were ever leaving this place we better go get the kids.” He then smiled, kissed me softly again and messed with my hair.
We drove to the end of the road. Alex was the first I saw, relief in his beautiful eyes. Mike and Bella ran to me with relieved faces as well. Alex then came over and gave me a big hug. I pulled him into my arms.
“Thank you so much. I would have never gotten away if it wasn’t for you.” I whispered in his ear. He looked up at me with tears in his eyes. At that I had to cry too. He was so sweet and I loved him only knowing him for one day. We all ate what Alex had prepared for us it was some kind of plant. We were all sat by the fire and sang songs. It felt like we were all one big happy family. I felt like this was going to be one new big happy family.
The next morning we all jumped into the car well rested and prepared. I drove us to the airport, I had refused to let Jake drive again, but he sat in the front seat holdind my right hand. We saw a small town just a mile up the road after a while. We all were so happy. Jake used a phone and bought us all tickets to go home. The kids seemed happy to be coming home with us. There mother was murderd by the Dink so the kids came to live with us. When we arrived at the airport with 3 kids Jakes dad looked shocked.
“Um… Jake, do I really want to know?” he asked when I ran over to hug him.
“You will find out all in time dad.” Jake ran over to his father and hugged him tightly. We all climbed into his dads van and went home. I was sure the only memory I wanted of this whole trip was of finding the kids.
After a couple of weeks we gave directions to the police and everyone went to look for the Dink. At first nobody believed the kids story. Then the authorities contacted us and told us they had found the Dink with over 20 slave kids working. They said that the recognized the pictures of Alex, Mike and Bella. The thought that I could have been one of the slave children was terrible, but I was glad we had found the sick man. We lived the rest of life in peace. Alex turned 10 to my surprise, while Bella turned 9 and Mike 6. They were very beautiful children. Jakes mom home schooled the kids while I finished high school. Jake didn’t go to college. He wanted to stay with the kids. He works now in a car shop. I loved my new family! Always thinking, taken but we have found and been found.


The author's comments:
This is my first real story io have posted and written. hope you like it. (3rd part)