Halloween of 2009 | Teen Ink

Halloween of 2009

October 19, 2009
By Anonymous

It was a beautiful fall day, but Ashley couldn’t have cared if a dog ran up and bit her –she was steaming mad-. She was usually a nice 8th grader; but today was a long day, and she didn’t want to talk to anyone. She would swear that Mrs. Peterson was out to get her. She handed in the best report in the class, and she got a C because “she didn’t follow the prompt”. At least Jeremy helped her with her math in study hall.
Jeremy was walking home from the bus stop when he saw Ashley up ahead.

“Ashley!” Jeremy screamed.
She didn’t answer him. Jeremy had to run to catch up with her.

“Hey.” He said while gasping for breath.

“Hi.” Ashley said “Thanks for helping me with my math.”

“Your welcome.” Jeremy said
Just then, something; or someone jumped out of the fiery red bushes they were walking by: it had on a white sheet with little round circles cut out for the eyes. Ashley screamed bloody murder. Then, with a bone chilling laugh, the “ghost” slowly took off its long, white sheet.
“BOO!” the ghost shouted as it threw the sheet across the lawn.
Standing where the ghost had been, was Ashley’s and Jeremy’s classmate, Tony.

“Tony!” Ashley screamed.

“Hey guys! Have you purchased you Halloween stuff yet?” inquired Tony.
While Jeremy was answering Tony, Ashley snuck away to her house. When she opened the front door, she couldn’t see her hand in front of her face. The room was pitch black.
‘That’s odd’ she thought ‘Dad usually leaves the light on for me’
Ashley turned on the light and screamed. There, lying on the floor was a body: there was a knife in its head, and blood was all over the tiled floor.

The author's comments:
make up your own ending.