Tonight They Come (Page 9) | Teen Ink

Tonight They Come (Page 9)

By music_lover PLATINUM, Park City, Utah
music_lover PLATINUM, Park City, Utah

MY quote: "Without music, life would be absolutely pointless.... Music is my life and it always will be!"

The ferry tooted its horn three times and slowly made its way towards us. Dawn was just starting to show as we sat to wait for the rescuer. We all sat together and stared at the beautiful water path of freedom. Ambo laid her head down onto my lap and closed her precious eyes. Mom and dad were hugging each other and acting all ‘lovey dovey.’ Even though I was disgusted, I smiled happy that we had made it.
Papa sat on my right leaning back on his hands with a big old smile on his face. “You know something Kiki?”
“Hmm?” I asked contently.
“Those darn soldiers tore my jacket. Now what am I going to do with a big old hole the size of a basketball in my jacket? I guess I can’t get any more use out of it anymore.” He chuckled.
Then Papa stood up and threw his jacket into the river and watched it float away. “I knew that there would be one day that I had to say goodbye to that jacket, but at least it was for a good reason!”

He laughed and put his arm around me.

music_lover PLATINUM, Park City, Utah

Thanks M&M!

kiwisunshine BRONZE, Park City, Utah

Life is not mesured by the number of breaths you take but the number of moments that take your breath away!

I loved it! I'm glad I can see more in the future! :)

dancer4jesus BRONZE, San Marcos, California

The heart writes the words of the music that the soul dances to.

I read all 9 of them! great job in keeping the reader hooked into the plot! That was really good! Hope you do the sequel soon :)

EternalMadness GOLD, Fresno, California

They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go
Your eyes, they shine so bright
I want to save their light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how
When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide

WOW!!! I read all of them and they are great. im gonna be looking for the sequel :p

Ashlynrae BRONZE, Abilene, Texas

"I didn't know I was making history,
I was just tired of giving in."
--- Rosa Parks

This piece was very different from anything else on the site. Keep up the good work. Can't wait for the sequel. I would love your feedback on my work!

music_lover PLATINUM, Park City, Utah

I am currently writing a sequel called "Tonight We Come." It is going to be the soldier's point of view. Thanks :)

writerscramp PLATINUM, Green Bay, Wisconsin

Anyone who says winning isn't everything,
Has won nothing.
``Mia Hamm

Wow! i liked it! a lot! thanks, and please please please do more like this!

SilverAngel SILVER, West Carollton, Ohio

"Life is an open book, we take the journey until the end." ~Me

I loved the entire story!

Kitten111 SILVER, Watanobbi, Other

Knowledge is knowing that tomato is a fruit ..... wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad :P

awwww not his jacket :( joking :P nah your a really good writer you were right when you said that you put your heart into this and wrote what you were feeling ..... you havnt wrote about all that typical stuff and I loved all the daring chances you took in writing this...you kept me entertained for all 9 parts :)