A cheesy tale | Teen Ink

A cheesy tale

By 4szucs BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
4szucs BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

I slowly walked back from my room to check on my mozzarella sticks. Walking to the oven, my stomach growled. But there was something amiss–the mozzarella sticks were gone! Someone stole my mozzarella sticks! Which of my roommates was it this time? But then, I heard something twitch behind me. I slowly pivoted, and witnessed something unexplainable. There was an oozing, melting cheese monster! 

“Oh my god!” I exclaimed in terror

I bolted back, my bare feet pounding on the wooden floor, until I got back into my room where I slammed my door. Besides my heart pounding like a drum, it was deafeningly silent. 

And then, the cheese monster let out a cheese curdling scream. The screech was raspy, cheese flinging everywhere. The door shook, the screws wiggling out of the hinges until dropping. I slowly backed up, eyes locked on the door, terrified for what was going to happen. A mixture of cheddar and mozzarella started oozing out all the edges of the door. And then in an instant, the door was suddenly kicked down. The silhouette of the cheese monster stood boldly in the frame, melting. Is this it? Is this the end? 

And then I had this stomach turning feeling in my stomach, and fell on my back. I had my computer headset on, laying on the ground in my chair. I slowly opened my eyes–them feeling like weights–and I looked around in my dark room. Where is the cheese monster? My eyes quickly darted to my door, seeing it was still perfectly attached to the frame. 

My stomach growled, and that's when I realized. 

It was all a dream. 

I wrote this small piece for my composition class!