A Loud Thud | Teen Ink

A Loud Thud

By TyW07 BRONZE, Delafield, Wisconsin
TyW07 BRONZE, Delafield, Wisconsin

A loud thud startled me out of a deep sleep. I didn’t know what to think at first. It was almost 1 AM, December 25th. Should I look? or should I stay in bed? The only logical answer was to take a look. I rolled out of bed and crept downstairs on all 4s. At the bottom of the staircase, I had a clear view of my living room where the Christmas tree lay. However, right next to the tree was a bulbous deranged man in a christman suit. My parents were still gambling at the casino and were supposed to be back by 1. This was not my father, friend, or fellow. It was a stranger. Staring at the man in awe–a putrid odor hit me. The man stunk of sewer and dead animals. I was surprised that I could smell him across the house. But this was beside the point–I can’t lose focus. Back in my room was my iPhone along with a bat. The only thing stopping me was the one creaky stair on the steps. I crept up the staircase, Avoiding the creaky step. To make sure the man hadn’t spotted me I looked back only to see him standing there with bloodshot red eyes staring me down. I launched myself up the steps into my door and I slammed shut. The bat was in my closet and my phone was on my bed. After gathering my thing I paused, and there was an abrupt silence, “HEY KID I JUST WANT TO TALK TO YOU, I HAVE PRESENTS”. Before even thinking twice I opened my window and crawled onto the roof where I sat in the snow. But, there he was crawling at a monstrous speed, His limbs turned into hairy spider legs and he had fangs as long as knives.

“Hey, Ty, Wake up,” said a faint voice. My eyes opened slowly revealing my father's face. I didn’t have to be Sherlock Homes to realize that it was a dream. My heart was still racing. 

“What's wrong, why are you sweating so much”

“I just had a bad dream Dad let's go open presents”. I rolled out of bed only to see half of my father's body was a spider!

I am a 17 year old highschool student that is trying there best.