Believe | Teen Ink

Believe

By Kian-Pinheiro BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Kian-Pinheiro BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

A loud thud startled me out of a deep sleep. What was that? I thought to myself, running down the stairs, with nothing but pj’s on. There he was, Santa Clause, peering around the corner. I thought of all my childhood memories trying to stay up to see him, yet there he was shining like a star in all his glory. He was yet to see me, but I was so deep in shock I sat there for a minute, watching him take presents after presents and put them under the Christmas tree. He turned around to grab the freshly baked cookies and eggnog that I had left him on the table and then it happened. He saw me. I was so scared we locked eyes. He jumped back.

Santa then says “It’s ok you can come out now, there’s nothing to worry about”

So I listened. I was at the verge of tears, I not only saw Santa but now I’m face to face talking to him. This was every kid's dream come true and I get to live it. I was still a little scared even knowing this man in front of me has a heart of gold, yet I was still a little timid of his presence.

He then spoke again “Did you make these cookies, they were quite good”

We laughed. Then I grew the courage and ran up to give him a hug. He was startled at first and then he hugged me. We sat there for one more minute as he finished the rest of the cookies and eggnog and gave me one more hug.

Saying as he was going into the chimney “believe”

I didn’t know what to do, Then I woke up. Was it a dream? This has always been my thoughts near the holiday but I will always believe as he once told me.

I started this piece a while ago but then forgot about it and just came back to it.