Knock, Knock | Teen Ink

Knock, Knock

December 10, 2023
By BananaN3rd ELITE, Clarksville, Tennessee
BananaN3rd ELITE, Clarksville, Tennessee
108 articles 9 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
If the pen is stronger than the sword, what am I supposed to do when the pen declares a war?


It was a dark and stormy night. I was sitting in my living room, enjoying a good book when I heard a knock on the door. I hesitated for a moment before getting up to answer it since it was so late. When I opened the door, there was no one there. I shrugged it off and went back to my book, thinking it was just the wind.

But the next night, the knock came again, and again, there was no one there. This continued for a few days, and I began to feel uneasy. One day, I decided to leave a note by the door, asking whoever was knocking to leave me alone.

To my surprise, the knocking stopped for a few days. But then it started again, louder and more persistent than ever before. Every day, I heard that knock, but no one was there when I opened the door. When I closed it and turned around, there was always a gift sitting on the table, wrapped in a blood-red bow.

I was terrified. I didn't know who was doing this or why. I started to feel like I was being watched, like someone was always lurking in the shadows. I couldn't sleep at night, and I became obsessed with finding out who was behind the mysterious gifts.

One night, I decided to stay up and wait for the knock. I sat in silence, my heart pounding in my chest, as the minutes ticked by. And then, finally, I heard it. I mustered up all my courage and opened the door, but there was no one there.

As I turned to head back to my living room, I saw something out of the corner of my eye. It was a shadow, moving quickly across the room. I spun around, but there was nothing there. And then I saw it. The gift on the table had moved as if someone had just placed it there.

That was the last straw. I packed my bags and tried to leave, but as I grabbed the doorknob, I realised that the door was locked. There was another gift on the table with my name on it. “I love you,” it said. “Will you love me?”