Open the Door | Teen Ink

Open the Door

By BananaN3rd ELITE, Clarksville, Tennessee
BananaN3rd ELITE, Clarksville, Tennessee

If the pen is stronger than the sword, what am I supposed to do when the pen declares a war?

The other night, I had a dream. One I couldn't wake up from. I found myself in a world that was completely empty. No people, no animals, no sign of life whatsoever. I was wandering around, trying to find a way out, but there was no escape. The sun never set, the sky never changed, and the world was stuck in a perpetual state of emptiness.

Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, and months turned into years. I was all alone, with nothing but my thoughts to keep me company. I would sit and stare at the empty streets, hoping that one day, someone or something would come along and break the silence.

And then, one day, I heard a knock at my door. At first, I thought it was just my imagination playing tricks on me. But the knocking persisted, growing louder and more insistent by the second. I approached the door with caution, my heart beating faster with every step.

I hesitated for a moment before opening the door, but my curiosity got the better of me. As I slowly swung the door open, a gust of wind hit me in the face, carrying with it the stench of death and decay.

I peered outside, only to see a figure standing in front of me. It was a humanoid figure, but it was not human. Its skin was pale and clammy, and its eyes were black as coal. It spoke not a word but simply stared at me with a cold and calculating gaze.

I tried to shut the door, but it was too late. The figure had already stepped inside, and there was no escaping its grasp. It was then that I realised that this nightmare was not going to end anytime soon.