A Large Collection of One Sentence Horror Stories | Teen Ink

A Large Collection of One Sentence Horror Stories

By BananaN3rd ELITE, Clarksville, Tennessee
BananaN3rd ELITE, Clarksville, Tennessee

If the pen is stronger than the sword, what am I supposed to do when the pen declares a war?

I was relieved when I saw paramedics arrive, especially since I needed to get rid of the body.

Sam finally found his missing daughter after a decade, but the girl didn’t know the name that she was given or why she had been kidnapped.

Rosa smiled as she handed her new boyfriend the sweet-smelling cupcake, him not being aware that the sweet smell was actually rat poison.

Tammy always loved to play hide-and-seek with her brother until the day that neither one was the one counting, and they were the only children that lived on the property.

I checked the baby monitor and saw the twins sleeping peacefully despite the murder that had happened in the next room.

Matt woke up to the sound of his alarm clock only to realize that it wasn’t his alarm clock that was ticking loudly.

I felt a hand grab at my arm as I was about to climb the ladder, only to notice a moment later that I lived alone.

I smiled as I handed my husband his morning coffee, hoping he wouldn’t notice the slightly discolored mixture of cyanide and dark roast.

Both girls breathed a sigh of relief as the ambulance arrived, noticing neither the dark trails of blood nor the outdated license plates.

Gregor sipped at his tea while watching the morning news, watching while it listed another one of the brutal and gory murders that happened just a few hours ago, and one that he’d committed.

Tiny little Tina smiled and hopped around as she looked at a picture of her family, seeing all of their smiling faces, then remembering that Mr. Teddy had killed them all.

Finally, after a long struggle, I had managed to take the gun of my attacker, load it, and aim, only to hear the gun jam as I pulled the trigger.

Hiding under the bed, Samantha had finally managed to get a call through to 911, only to hear a voice beside her whisper “Too slow.”

As I kissed my sweet Tara goodbye and left for work, a sign on the electric pole caught my eye: a missing poster with a picture of my wife with a different name.

Twins Sarah and Jenny both got into a car accident, but no one yet knew that Jenny wasn’t the one who died.

Jerome’s new favorite stuffed animal had been with him since the beginning, and one day as he crawled into bed, the stuffed rabbit tucked beside him, a voice could be heard from inside the rabbit, telling him how to kill his parents.

As I watched my best friend die on the floor, I lit a candle and said a prayer, feeling a cold hand wrap around my clenched fist.

Going into the shower, Alex heard a voice from the drain begin to talk to him.

I opened my eyes and saw my wife’s sleeping figure beside me, cute to begin with, until I remembered that I had killed and buried her last night.

Luisa smiled as she read the cute love letter written on a small cute note on the fridge, not noticing the red ink . . . wasn’t red ink.

I finally got  to put on my newly shipped wedding dress after a rigorous shipping process; I loved it, except for the blots of blood splattered all around my feet.

Evan checked his voicemail to see a voicemail from his wife, and listened to it happily until a gunshot cut off the message.

I noticed a beautiful new picture of my recently-deceased father, and admired the details until I noticed that the eyes were watching me.

Emile giggled as she finished writing the letter, sealing it with a kiss, and sending it to her killer.

The man was about to sit at his desk when something sharp pierced his back, and a note flew off the desk reading “I know what you did to her.”

I smiled as I looked in the mirror and admired myself until I saw the rotting body behind me; I still had work to do.

I didn't want to spam the TeenInk editors, so I just compiled all of my ideas into this one submission. Hope you enjoy!! :D