Abandoned by the world | Teen Ink

Abandoned by the world

By i_be_degenerate GOLD, Marshfield, Wisconsin
i_be_degenerate GOLD, Marshfield, Wisconsin

Nobody notices you and nobody cares, so do what you love and ignore them too.

Sitting in class, surrounded by your peers as the teacher gives another lecture. You start to doze off, staring out into space. Day dreaming about going home and relaxing. Starting to feel dreary, your eyes start to lower. Dozing off into your dream. Your eyes blink. In the flash as they briefly close, the world disappears. Wide eyed, you look around as you're sitting at your desk. The white board filled with old marker stains and dust, your former classmate's desk rusted and falling apart. The light flickering with a dim glow. Horrified, you blink again. Blink blink blink. Squinting your eyes back open, hoping you are back. You see the same dusty abandoned classroom. You must be dreaming, I silly dream where the world decades in the blink of an eye. You stand up in shock, deciding to walk around the school, looking around you see the lockers full of new dents, and cracks in the floor. The brick walls falling apart and dust covering the ceiling tiles. This can’t be real, you try again, blink blink blink, nothing changed. Is it just the school? Has the whole world aged? Running outside, through the nearest exit, the door slams open as you rush to see the abandoned world. Rusted cars with flat tires, overgrown bushes and wild grass, the roads barely together and loneliness in the air. The panic settles in, you start to breathe heavy, desperate for air. Everyone is gone, the world is dead, you are truly alone.