Dance Obsession | Teen Ink

Dance Obsession

By Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

Randolph forest has been haunted for years and it is still the same. You can encounter the Ghost of the Haunted Hallie Weatherup. So beware! I'm not trying to scare you. Visit the forest at your own risk. If an ordeal occurs, don't say that I didn't warn you!

It all began when once in the nearby city, there lived a drop-dead gorgeous woman named Hallie Weatherup. She was so beautiful. She had the eyes of a cute kitten. Her lips were as Pink as an azalea. So were her cheeks. She was so charismatic like a fairy princess that many men secretly admired her. But gradually, she began to grow less popular as people did not seem to just care about her physical appearance.

That is because, once when Hallie walked around town, she saw some dancers, dressed in their leotards, walking towards the City Hall. With curiosity pricking her mind, she followed them there. Due to her enticing appearance, the guards at the City Hall led her in, despite not having a ticket. She entered the hall and sat on the nearest chair as she became goggle-eyed when she looked at the stage. The dancers on stage who were as light as feathers on a beam were performing a beauteous ballet. As if someone OR something hypnotized her, Hallie's eyes were fixed on the dance. She enjoyed watching the performance until one thought danced into her mind. She thought, "What if I became a dancer! What if I dance!"

Regrettably, Hallie was ABSOLUTELY untalented in dancing. She was not even close to being graceful. Or let's just say that dancing was not her 'kind of thing' and she was not gifted for it. She tried her best but she was not even able to get the simple steps right. She met many dance teachers but it did not help. Whenever she tried to stretch, her dress tore apart as she applied too much pressure. One of those dance teachers said, "Hallie, my dear. Listen! Why don't you take a break? If you keep on doing this, I'm afraid your body will twist and become deformed."

So, Hallie decided to take a temporary break from dancing. As people knew how obnoxious her dancing was, they began to talk behind her back. Hallie was down in the dumps. Yet, she did not lose her obsession with dancing. She went to the Park to relax and think peacefully of ways to get on well with dancing. There, she met Manuel, who was a hunter. A few months later, they were married. Hallie moved to Manuel's house and she met his cousin Malia who was a photographer. The latter got along well. Day by day, Hallie got more obsessed with dancing.

One day, Manuel came to Randolph forest to hunt and he had never returned home ever since. After waiting for him for many days, they considered him deceased and Hallie considered herself a widow. From that day, she lived with Malia. Whenever Malia went to capture some photos of Amazing Mother Nature, Hallie clapped her eyes on dancing.

Soon came the day that was about to twist their life. Malia had a photography competition and she had to go to Randolph forest at night to take the best photograph. She asked Hallie to join her. Hallie readily agreed. Both the women headed out to the forest and laid their tents near a tall tree. While Malia was inside her tent, looking at some photos which she took on the way, Hallie was looking at a few scouts nearby, playing football. As she wrinkled her eyes, she noticed that it was no football at all. It was her husband Manuel's head.

What happened to Manuel? When he was hunting, a spider bit him and due to the poison in his body, he became as mad as a hatter. So, he began laughing hysterically and eventually slit his own throat. His head rolled to a puddle of mud and his body began to rot. The scouts found the head and misunderstood it to be a football of a previous camper that fell into a pile of 'dirt'. Hallie began screaming Manuel's name. As she was sad, she began dancing. She danced and danced. She danced and danced. She danced and danced as fast as he could. She danced and danced until her body got twisted into a deformed, grotesque shape. By the time Malia came out, she saw something inhuman and gruesome instead of the Glamorous Hallie. Having carried her cousin's hunting gun, she shot the inhuman creature to death. Then, she called the police.

The next morning, the police arrived at the same spot where Malia was, by tracing her phone number, to find Malia and the scouts dead. There was nothing hideous as per what Malia said. While looking for evidence, the police found Malia's camera which had the strangest photos. They were the photos of her sleeping peacefully in the tent. Neither Hallie nor the hideous beast was to be seen. So, the police filed the deaths as murder due to a stalker and closed the case due to lack of evidence.

What had happened after Malia called the police was, that Hallie came back as a ghost to seek revenge. Malia had gone to sleep. Hallie thought that the scouts were the ones who killed Manuel and she desperately wanted to kill them. Technically, the one who killed her was Malia, so she wanted to seek revenge. So, after killing those scouts, she took the last photos of Sleeping Malia and then, killed her too. The clicking of a camera and the bouncing of a ball would be heard at the time they died.

The spirit of Hallie Weatherup wanders, or shall I say dances, at night in Randolph forest, looking for Manuel's head which was kicked far away by the scouts, a few minutes before they passed away. So if you hear dancing feet, move away as fast as you can. If you encounter the Ghost of Haunted Hallie Weatherup, face-to-face and eye-to-eye, do not admire her appearance because if you give a fake compliment about her hideous looks or shall I say, ex-gorgeous looks, she would lure you away with that messy tune of her dance steps. But, do admire her dancing. If you did not then, she OR it would be the last thing you would ever see. So beware! I am not trying to scare you.

“An obsession is a way for damaged people to damage themselves more.” — Mark Barrowcliffe