The Blood That Filled The Water | Teen Ink

The Blood That Filled The Water

October 22, 2019
By caudillvictoria BRONZE, Lebanon, Ohio
caudillvictoria BRONZE, Lebanon, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

   So today I was gonna go to the beach but then I realized I lost my shoes.  When looking for my shoes I got cut on the corner of a sharp table so then my arm started to bleed. We had no bandaids but eventually, I found my shoes and my arm stopped bleeding. So then I drove to the beach and met my friend there. We swam for a little bit and we were fine then we got out then got back in after we ate lunch but this time we were surfing it was probably about 5 o’clock. The waves were super big and I had only surfed about 4 times but this time I had an odd feeling about surfing it was different and soon I would find out why. We were probably in there for 10 minutes then my friend said she saw something behind me but she couldn’t make out what it was. I said it was probably just a piece of plastic or something. I was still a little skeptical but I calmed down. The next thing I know I lost my friends..but she was just right in front of me. I then realized there was blood in the water. When I saw it my heart dropped.Next thing I know I didn’t what do I just kinda froze at the moment. I was thinking in my head what if she's not ok? Then I jumped off my surfboard and I was looking for her. She was being pulled under by a SHARK. I was terrified,I didn’t know what to do. Then I got an idea to get my surfboard and hit the shark with it. I swam up fast grabbed my surfboard and swam back down and hit the shark, he eventually let go. She was super injured. Her leg was hanging on by a thread,her left arm was gone. She wasn’t breathing, I got her to shore and called 911. My heart was racing. All I was thinking in my head is, is she dead or what I don’t know what to do I just can’t seem to calm down. Of course, 911 came as fast as possible they took her to the ER. She died there at 9:34 pm, Monday 10/24/17. It’s now Tuesday 9/12/19 and I still think of her every day. I haven’t gone surfing since then. I haven’t even gone to the beach since then because it brings back to many bad memories. One day, I was shopping for groceries. I swear every time I have a bad thought about something it comes true. I really had an odd feeling that day but I wasn’t sure what. That day...I saw HER..I-I-I thought she was dead! How could this even be...this can’t be happening! So that day I went to the hospital and asked if they could check the files to see if she really did die. Of course, they were skeptical at first but I convinced them to eventually. So they looked for name and she did die 10/24//17 at 9:34 pm. At this point, I was freaking out. I didn’t understand what was going on. Was she or was she not alive? Did I or did I not see her?


             To Be Continued


The author's comments:

It isn't real,I was just trying to make a creative,and interesting piece.