Momma | Teen Ink

Momma

August 31, 2019
By JoshGriffith0 BRONZE, Tifton, Georgia
JoshGriffith0 BRONZE, Tifton, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right. Henry Ford


I woke up in the middle of the bathroom floor, my legs were as numb as they could be and my arms felt as if they were going to fall off. Huh? What the hell is or was going on? How did I get in this scenario? The day before is nothing but a blur, and I cannot recall anything at all. Oh well, the day must go on. I yell for my mom who was here the last time I was conscious, but nothing. I walk to her door, which was shut, and knocked,to my surprise there wasn’t any response. However, I could hear some movement coming from her room,for whatever reason I didn’t bother to proceed with my “investigation” any further. I carried on with my day watching tv, cleaning the house, and just doing anything else that would pass time no matter how long or short duration was. Roughly two or three hours passed when I glared up at the old wooden clock hanging just above my mother's door. The only thing I could think about was my mom, was she okay? Where was she? At this point, I could only imagine something terrible had happened to her. These thoughts caused me to start feeling anxious. I tried to calm myself down by telling myself that I was having an anxiety attack, which didn’t happen very often, but I was trying to calm myself down no matter how that could be achieved. I checked my phone, hoping to see a message or a missed call, but nothing. By this time I was in full panic mode, I started pacing back and forth, drank some ice cold water (because my therapist told me cold water can help reduce anxiety), nothing seemed to calm me. Tears rolled down my cheek, and I couldn’t help but act like a two-year-old throwing a temper tantrum. The next logical thing I knew to do was to yell Mom!, Mom!, but as I, unfortunately, expected no response was given. I decided to sit on the couch and watch my favorite T.V. show, F.R.I.E.N.D.S. This seemed to be the only thing that chilled me out for a while. What seemed like forty-five minutes to an hour passed when I heard a knock on the door, hoping that it was my mom, I jumped up and sprinted to the door. To my astonishment, nobody was on the other side. Out of anger I slammed the door and stomped to my room. I laid in bed trying to gather my thoughts, but it seemed impossible because I had rage and rage only on my mind. At some point, I fell asleep,the only way I was able to determine this was because I felt exhausted upon waking up. I left my room to get a glass of water when I looked at my mother staring at me. Before I had a second to tell what had happened, she started screaming at me for throwing a temper tantrum, repeatedly screaming for her, and slamming doors. Because of this behavior, she decided to send me to a military boot camp for twenty months. Things are never as they seem.


The author's comments:

This is the first writing that I have ever published for anyone to read. I hope ya'll enjoy it. Please give me some honest feedback and criticism.