An Abstract Statement | Teen Ink

An Abstract Statement

The name of our society is Chandra (Shah-Durah). Chandrashares two meanings among both the Hindi, and the Indian culture. Indian = Moon, Hindi= Moonlight. The current inhabitants of the moon are all from Indian descent. It’s called that because our setting is on the moon in 2164. 102 years after the great reckoning. The moon for 9 years has been a home to the last survivors of mankind, they decided that it was only fitting of them to name their current habitat after the lunar deity who they sought to have protected them on their journey to the  moon. They named it Chandra.

In the year 2058 mankind was known to have reached its climax, laws preventing population control were rid of several years before the day of reckoning to proceed the inhabitants of the earth. The earth’s population was that of 17 Billion. Even so, a child was born every 2 seconds. Families went from having from 1~6 children to 6~19.  Scientists years before our current date predicted this would be a problem and so their solution to it was to create homes in different biospheres. By the year 2032 there were beings living in the atmosphere, beings in the hydrosphere, and so on. The egotistical scientists of the 21st century thought they had it all figured out but little did they know they were only merely prolonging their time of doom. Their day of dead. In order to calm the philosophers and religious scientists of their worries..Isaac Newton prophesied that the world would end no sooner than 2060, he wasn’t wrong. Population 17 Billion and rising far from steadily thanks to the devastating disease of the ability to stretch out your life-span over 200 years(Invented during 2040).Thanks to this it’s no surprise that as the year slowly hit 2061, nature finally decided it couldn’t continue to reinstate what was being destroyed to make way for attractions.
The conditions that humans learned to adapt to weren’t suitable to animals, and plants.. Within months after the extinction of producers in 2061, the animals themselves also died.  This isn’t just a product of being a member of the United States, this is the type of thing that went on with every country and ethnicity in the planet,we refer to this blessed day as kayaamat ka din, or… Day of Doom. In Hindi.
The population quickly diminished. Those who had digestibles, but wouldn’t dare to share them were killed instantly, wars for territory as well as resources started, by the close end of the year the population was short 3 billion thanks to cannibalists, and other seekers of survival by any means. You may have presumed that this was the worst that it could get but little would you have known… that was only the beginning of it all. In 2062 the different biospheres were destroyed internally. Earth was no longer inhabitable, and innocents, hundreds of them died every hour.  By the year 2063 the conditions climaxed, the unstable earth proceeded to erupt every 25 minutes, magma, ashes, the increase of global warming… Regardless of the rest of the world being stuck in turmoil, one race lived to tell the tale almost unharmed thanks to their continued advances in technology and inability to engage in war with the other nations. Even though they were restricted from the dangers of the world, their stage of tranquility would last no longer. The earth was reaching its climax.. No one would be safe from what was to come next. Several decades before people had their predictions about the climax of the effects of Global Warming. It started with unpleasant whether like cyclones, and tornadoes. Now the Earth’s core was growing rapidly in size, soon the crust would be actual percentages of the sun’s heat. The Indian nation had to do something about it. Someone had to do something and they had to do it fast. With the rest of the earth extinct due to natural causes and the effects of war; creating a successful escape plan from earth was much simpler. They did so within days. The only issue was that their escape method only had enough processed plutonium for one trip, and there was only space enough for 500k people of India’s 2.226 Billion. The way they decided on who would be saved was by social status as well as religious belief. They would take the richest and smartest, and the ones who had no hope of reaching the top, and the Hidu believers. The leaders of the Chandrian government(The absolute richest)  felt that it was only logical to bring a little bit of every social group.
102 years after the semi-extinction of the Indians as well as all of the inhabitants of the Earth, stable, healthy colonies on Chandra were built, the researchers and scientists did a great job with the planning of the migration to the moon. One thing that people never wrapped their minds around was the ability for the government to always be ready to provide food and delectables to all of its citizens. The government told the chandrians that it was thanks to their lord and goddess Chandra who set the Kayaamat Ka Din, and brought them safely to her home that they always had meat to eat and water to drink even on a place such as the moon. In return the new members of the Chandrian nation were required to give up two of their most prized possessions for the lord Chandra to enjoy, as a thanks offering. Every year 2 thousand would be born from 500 and from each of those from the 500, 2 would be required to be given up. Everyone knew it was only necessary, and those who went against the offerings were sent as offerings themselves along with the entirety of their family.