Frozen Coffin Of Life | Teen Ink

Frozen Coffin Of Life

It was Dead silent yet the sound of the nature created such great loudness. I walked around the forest where the moon shone it’s majestic light and the moon dancers danced gracefully around the cold frozen trees. Enchanted light filled the beautiful sight. The leaves were hidden behind the safety of thin ice while the ground was covered with thick ice. Every step I took created a loud cracking noise which echoed all over the forest clearing due to the deadly silence of the night.
        I stumbled upon a glorious body of water, which seemingly was not frozen like all the other objects in the forest. The sparkling water reflected the beauty of the night sky, with millions of stars and one bright dignified moon. The trees surrounding the water was also reflected except instead of the beautiful ice, it was just dark trees that seemed to be hanging on a weak thread of life. My dark brown eyes landed on a large coffin floating in the middle of the pond which was covered with ice, but from far, it looked as if it wasn't. The blue-ish color of the coffin held a story so tragic and agonizing that my heart felt a searing pain and loneliness. It has a intricate carvings that looked like an Ancient Greek letters and as I took a closer look, black and silver butterflies- an abomination of nature- fluttered over the frosted coffins. Roses made out of ice overlaid the top of the coffin except for one dark red rose with large thorns in the middle.
        A stinging sensation erupted in my head as I walked towards the edge of the pond. I looked down at my reflection and let out a loud gasp as I saw the surreal picture. My once black black hair was now completely white with no signs of dark roots. My dark brown eyes changed their color to light grey and my usual chapped lips into a smooth red color. My once tanned skunk turned into a sickly pale color and dark hues tinted my cheekbones. I touched my face to see if I was who I was looking at was myself or I have completely fallen into insanity. I took a deep breath and jumped into the pond, swimming towards the coffin in the middle. The chilling cold was once again ignored and the salty taste of the water as well as the sweet sugary scent of the air a s disregarded as I took the only red flower in my hand. I felt a sense of dread as I looked at the red flower and the thorns pricked my fingers. My blood streamed down to the water, tainting its sacred allure. I touched the coffin and opened it, gasping as soon as I saw what or who was inside; a girl with long black hair, tanned beautiful skin and dark red lips that spoke of many evil things. Her closed eyes, on the other hand, contradicted her lips and looked serene and peaceful. I knew who this girl is- pure evil. She destroyed the lives of others with her inhuman beauty and those evil lips; it was no other than myself.
        “You are no longer of our service, useless vessel.” A monotone voice whispered, startling me and the rose slipped out of my hand and into the chilling water. The rose petals divided and formed a sword-like structure and hurled towards me, impaling me. I screeched loudly as blood dropped down my body in large quantity. My memories once again left me and I was sent into a deep slumber for thousands of centuries until someone wakes me up once again to destroy the good from the world.