Returning to Reign | Teen Ink

Returning to Reign

By Tahrina SILVER, Victoria, Other
Tahrina SILVER, Victoria, Other

"Don't touch me!" She yelled "Stop it!" A group of street kids had grabbed her from behind and pulled her into an alley. They pushed and pulled at her till her back was up against a cold brick wall, she could feel pieces give way and crumble as she slammed against it.
"What are you going to do?" the largest one laughed with a sneer, "Use your magic? Oh, that's right, you can't! You're not allowed; you’ve been blocked!" With this all the boys began laughing and pushed her against the wall and held her there. Fighting with all her strength, she could not loosen the boys grip on her. She slipped on pieces of the breaking wall and fell to the ground, the wall again crumbling around her. Even with the dust filling the air, the boys’ kicks still found their aim.
"Stop it!" Shaking in frustration, she tried to free her small wrists from the large hands that gripped them.
"Make me" the boy said right into her face, and then he slapped her. Her head snapped to the side and she fell silent and still.
"I told you I could tame her!" The boys all began laughing and let her fall to the ground. The one who had been talking leaned down and whispered in her ear, "Welcome to my world, my pet."
"I am no one’s pet." She said quietly. Turning her head to look into the boys eyes she whispered again, "No one can tame me." Staring into her dark eyes the boy saw a power, a will that would not break. In his eyes, she saw the confidence and cockiness melt away, replaced by a fear that had frozen his blood within the pounding veins.
In her mind, she felt her magic swelling to incredible heights of power, rising with the strength of her emotions. Doing what she had always dreamed of, but never dared, she reached for her powers. Grabbing hold she pulled it forward, all of it. Feeling the sudden rush around her, the boys realized that they had gone too far.
Then she felt the block. Like a solid stone wall, it contained her powers within her mind. The mage had put it in her mind to keep her powers under control because for her, there was no impossible and no control; and that was too dangerous to have running free. There was no unattainable for her. But the only way to control it was to block all of it. Pulling with all her will, she felt the block sway and bend. Cracks and fissure began to spread across the break, allowing wisps of magic to flow out of her mind. It felt wonderful! She hadn't realized how much she missed it. A hollow had been filled. The rush of power within her and the ability to do anything once again filled her to the brim and leaked over. That feeling awoke another one, one of rage and anger, frustration and need. And one of invincibility, no one could beat her.
Laughing she broke through the rest of the barrier, now rubble, rough gravel compared to what it had started as, and let her power explode in a wave that shook the very cores of the boys, and the people around for miles. Even the earth shivered with fear and power as she released.
"You never should mess with someone a lot stronger then you." Rising to her feet, she brought up her hand and with less effort then she used to stand, she picked up the boys and threw them against the remains of the brick wall. Laughing, she walked back out into the dusty sunlight, and for miles around everyone knew she had returned to her reign.

pdawg said...
that was good.

It hooked me from the beginning, but the ending was kind of weak.

good job, though.