A Very Raptor Christmas | Teen Ink

A Very Raptor Christmas

By Cursetyl BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas
Cursetyl BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas

As with every Christmas, I only asked for one thing: a Velociraptor. The most beautiful creature to ever be created, natures perfect work of art. My parents had always scoffed at me when I asked for a Velociraptor. Spewing ignorance that velociraptors didn't exist anymore, and had gone extinct. But I never stopped believing.

Every night, I would utter a prayer to Raptor Jesus, in the hopes that he would bestow upon me his divine blessing. I prayed longer than the usual 2 hours, trying desperately for him to hear me. It appears that my efforts were for naught. There was only a single present from Santa under the tree this year. And inside the tiny box, was a simple bath bomb.

Disheartened, I decided to take a bath to clear my mind, and get rid of the bath bomb. I plopped it in the tub, hoping that its bright flashy colors could crush the feelings of doubt about whether my lords, the raptor gods, truly existed. As it buoyed across the surface of the water, it began to fizzle. It was violent, flashing with colors I didn’t even know could exist, and blinding me. As the aquatic flashbang wore off, before my eyes was none other than my very own Velociraptor.

That gods had heard my prayers! My efforts were not in vain! I rode my velociraptor to the closet to get dressed. I threw on the first clothes that came into my vision, and hopped back on. He shot outside and rand down the street. All the other kids looked at me, jealous of my sweet ride, no doubt. We ran for what felt like days, and I dozed off, still happily riding along on the back of my new best friend.

When I awoke, I was in a bright white room, which reeked of authority. I had a large bump on my head, it seems I had bumped it somewhere. I sat in a desk and wore a suit I’d never seen before. To the back of me was a nice window, showing me the scenery behind. I stared at the carpet and saw the symbol of an eagle. It was at that moment that I realized I was in the White House. I sprang to my feet, painfully aware of how much of a crime this was. I rushed to the door and quietly opened it, darting my eyes around in search of incoming danger. But to my surprise the only creature I could see, was a velociraptor.

I walked over to it.
“Good morning, Mr. President!” it chimed. Never before had I been so confused and so happy at the same time.
“You can talk?” I asked joyously but with a hint of caution.
“Why, yes! Thanks to you, raptors have taken over the Earth! We learned to speak your language to negotiate, but most humans rejected us.”
He told me everything that had happened. Me and my pet velociraptor had apparently not only taken control of the government, but also had built a stargate to the planet of the velociraptors, bringing them here, and giving them free reign to rule. Also, I had apparently fallen down the stairs, giving me the nasty bump that I felt earlier.
“We’ve conquered every continent but Antarctica, those penguins are quite resilient” he explained.
I went back to my roo- I mean, the presidential office  to think over everything. The only thing I knew for sure was that I did not expect to take over the world and enslave the larger portion of the human race on Christmas.