The Story of a Father and His Son | Teen Ink

The Story of a Father and His Son

January 25, 2016
By Anonymous

Once upon a time, there was a man who married a wife that cared a lot for her son Until he has grown, he wanted his son to depend on himself. He came to him and said: "I want you to go to work in the city and bring me a golden coin."

His son was confused at first but he went with the flow. So in the next day morning, he got dressed and just when he was about to leave, his mother rushed at him gave him a gold coin  and told him, " Here is a gold coin give it tomorrow to your father."

The next day, he arrived home and went to his father and gave him the gold coin and said," Here is the gold coin that you asked me to bring."

His father looked at it and threw it in the fireplace and told him," Bring me another one, it's fake."
The following day the morning, he was just about to go work again and his mother came to him and gave him a gold coin. He thought to himself that he didn't stay long enough. So he went to the country, and stayed in it for 7 days. When he came back, he gave the coin to his father and said, "Here is the coin, I worked very hard to get it."

His father looked at it and threw it in the fireplace and told him to bring him another one. Finally in the morning, he went to the country stayed there for one month and actually got a gold coin by his own effort. He went to his father and gave it to him. He looked at it and just when he wanted to throw it to the fireplace, his son held his hand and was furious. His father smiled at him, gave him a hug, and said, " You have finally become a man -Now you have  became a man, you can count on yourself, son! These gold coin is really the product of your labor effort, because you're afraid of the loss of this one, while silent on others. Whoever receives money without effort, the person won't care about the loss of this money."

His father was really proud of him for doing the right thing and his son learned a really valuable lesson.


The author's comments:

This is a story that all of the people in my city knows. It is considered to be a floktale but it really gives an important message.