My adventure in Jayded | Teen Ink

My adventure in Jayded

By anna-lynne1291 DIAMOND, Dracut, Massachusetts
anna-lynne1291 DIAMOND, Dracut, Massachusetts

How will we ever get out of this labyrinth?
-John Green

SEVAS TRA (Art Saves)
-Otep

I was so frustrated, Jayde was letting them walk all over. This wasn't supposed to happen! Putting down the pen, I zapped myself into the story and gave her a piece of my mind.

"Are you an idiot? They're making you a murdering monster. Why don't you stop them? Lash out, refuse to please them, rebel? You usually do. What's the matter with you?!"

Jayde stood there staring at me un-affected by what I had just said. Her thoughts were probably blocking me out, like they did for everyone else she didn't wanna hear.

"I'm alive because of them, they have the right to control me."

I was enraged. This girl never took crap from anyone before. She didn't let people push her around or use her for their own benefits, but now she had changed.

"You'll always be a vampyre but you don't have to hurt people. That's what they want you to do."

"Yeah well, life sucks then you die. Does it really matter what the hell I do?"

What a cynical, sadistic teenage vampyre she was turning into. Does she HAVE to make everything so hard?

"Stop being such a baby. Get over it. Life is good when you have the right attitude so stop draining people for your own pleasure and get a real life."

Jayde's mouth fell wide open and towards the ground. She felt so insulted. Who was this person and why did they feel they had the right to criticize her life?

"Fuck off!It's my life I can do what I want. Who are you anyway?"

"I'm the author of your life, literally. Your life is my life and I'm allowed to control you. I'm your real creator."

"No you're not, I've never met you before. My mom and dad are my real creators."

"Nope."

"Whatever," she said as she crossed her arms, walked off and stared at the ground.

"Don't walk away from me! Get your butt over here or I'll kill you out of my story. Cristine can be my main character. Hello? Jayde?"

Wow, she's blowing me off to get her murderous fix. That's just great. When I said I wanted to write a story about a bitchy, jaded girl I didn't expect this. Oh well, they say be careful what you wish for.

The hallway was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. When I didn't hear a response I zapped myself out of the story and began writing the sequel: Cristine's story.