In Time | Teen Ink

In Time

October 15, 2015
By Kury_Z BRONZE, Warsaw, Indiana
Kury_Z BRONZE, Warsaw, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

  "I'm not sure if this will work".

"Trust me it will, once you go back to 2012 you are going to have to find the scientist and well... execute scientist Emmet Brown the one who discovered time travel."

Dave Wagner and Tyrone Williams are 2 scientists who know how to go back in time thanks to scientist Emmet Brown who discovered how to go back in time in 2012. Tyrone met Dave in college where they were both partners to build a robot in Robotics. They didn't know each other until the teacher set them both as partners and they got along together and then became friends. They both trust each other on everything but right now this is something dangerous for both of them but they have no other choice.
Dave wants Tyrone to go back in time since he is smarter, stronger and braver than him. The reason why he has to go back in time is because a third World War broke out because every powerful and overpopulated country fought for oil because we were running out and while that was happening they were running out of water too since scientists made a machine that created salt water into fresh water for us, it was overused and because of the war there was only 40% of water out of 75% left on the world, people didn't know what to do there. After the war everything was worse people were tired, hungry and frightened there were barely any shelters for enough people. Dave and Tyrone were in an abandoned lab in Los Angeles in 2032

"Why kill him, and not just talk to him?"

"Even if you talk to him he won't listen to you, he will still go back in time or forward in time and mess timelines and cause chaos. Just like now, people are tired, hungry and stressed by what happened 2 days ago, luckily were still alive!".
“Well I guess you are right, I mean we can still save everything from this”. Tyrone said.

"You will always be my friend Tyrone; I will never forget you and I will always remember the stuff we did".

"Well this is it, I don't know if I’ll come back but just in case I don't, I want to make sure that everything goes as planned".

“Take care and watch out”. Dave said sadly.

Tyrone pushed the button that opened the portal, the portal was like the size of a normal size basketball, it was a little heavier and it had a red button that activated the machine and opened a portal, on top of the red button there was a little screen that said the date you are in so Dave and Tyrone were in 2/21/32 and to go back or forward in time you just have to type in the date in the little screen.

When Tyrone turned the machine on all the lights went out and everything was slowly collapsing the windows were breaking, the walls were falling slowly, papers, laptops, desks everything light were aiming and going inside the portal to the other side. Tyrone had to quickly step on the other side or else everything will be destroyed and when he put his foot on the portal he felt weird and uncontrollable he began to see nothing but blurry figures everywhere in his sight so he just went in and then he saw people and animals acting all weird, well everyone was acting backwards because Tyrone was going back in time. It took him 10 seconds to arrive but it felt a while for him. When he arrived, he arrived at an abandoned house still in Los Angeles but everything was a little old and too classy in the house. When he got up he was curiously looking at his surroundings remembering very little how 2015 was. He reached the brown wooden door and turned the door knob to go outside and when he went outside the only thing saw were tall and fat trees, he was lost, he imagined arriving in the city but instead he arrived in the middle of nowhere.

He walked straight forward away from the house when he heard a train horning, he quickly started running towards the sound. He kept on running and running and running when  he finally found a railroad but he didn't know on which side the train was coming from when he heard the train coming towards him really fast he quickly moved out of the railroad and started to get ready to jump on the storages. He saw one coming beside him and then jumped but barley made it into the storage. The storage was big and yellow and it had test dummies in it, he didn't know why the dummies were there so he grabbed one and looked at it like if it was something strange.

 

It has been 40 minutes but the train finally arrived at its destination and when it did it arrived at a big lab called Oxbene where they made futuristic technology like teleportation portals, exo suits for soldiers, futuristic weapons, futuristic airplanes, drones and robots.

Tyrone went inside to see if scientist Brown was there where they made the teleportation devices and he was!!!! Tyrone found him in a big room with the first time machine there ever was it was big, and kind of looked like a small dome except made out of glass. There was no one with Emmet so Tyrone quietly took a small towel and put him unconscious with no one looking he took inside a car in the trunk with tape on his mouth, hands and feet and drove to an abandoned bridge, then he parked the car at the edge of the bridge. Tyrone got off the car walked to the trunk and opened it with the car key.

Tyrone took the tape of Emmet's mouth.

"I'm sorry I have to do this, but it's for the future's good".

"What?? Who are you and what did I do??". Emmet confusedly replied.

"I am from 20 years in the future and I am here to stop you". "You went back in time in your time machine and you messed up timelines and caused a third World War and we all have almost nothing no shelters, we barely have food and water for all of us".

"Well I am sorry I had no idea but I promise that I won't do anything, I won't test the time machine or do anything about it but please I BEG YOU!! BUT PLEASE LET ME OUT!!". The car was slowly moving down the river but since there was weight in the car the car didn't fall yet.

" I am sorry but I still have to do this my friend is counting on me and the people need my help" He put the tape back to Emmet's mouth and closed the trunk and pushed the car off the bridge. It was hard for him to do this but he had no other choice.

After he pushed the car he quickly took off running away from the bridge and then turned on the time machine by putting the date to 2/19/32 two days before everything happened.
When the machine made the portal Tyrone went in and when he arrived everything was back to normal. The War didn't break out, people still had their homes, jobs and their normal lives. He quickly went to the lab and found Dave.

"Well you did it". Dave happily said.

"No, we did it you helped me make the machine and IT WORKED!!". Tyrone responded.

"Well what do we do know??". Dave asked.

"I don't know. I guess we can you go live our lives now". Tyrone responded thoughtfully.

"Peacefully?". Dave asked

"Yes, peacefully".