My sixth sense | Teen Ink

My sixth sense

July 23, 2015
By Jon_y BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
Jon_y BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
be like snow: beautiful but cold


It’s one in the morning, and I have not slept. I have this ache in my head I can't get rid of and these scratches on my back wondering how they got there. I hear the sound of the rain hitting my window and the clouds yelling. Suddenly my room becomes very cold and I begin to get goose bumps. My eyes open widely as I realize I was home alone on this horrifying night. My parents were on vacation and my sister was at a friend’s house sleeping over. I was under my blankets when I heard a soft moan in my ear. I jumped out of my bed as a looked around my room looking for an excuse. “ My mind's playing tricks on me again” I thought. BAM! The thunder was so loud I felt the vibration go through my body. I decided to turn on my lamp so it wouldn't be so dark in my room. I walked back to my bed and looked around one last time, my heart began to beat faster than usual as the lamp’s light began to turn off and on. I ran to my bed and laid there as I pulled my covers over my head. Suddenly I felt something heavy come upon me. The presence of someone or something was taking over my body, I felt as if my body was being buried in my own bed. i gasped for air. The lights turned off completely. Complete darkness. complete silence. My body was beginning to get heavy  as if something was laying on top of me. The lights turned on. It was still raining outside. I was able to breathe. I stood up and gasp a little more for air. I was shaking like a toddler after a cold bath.  My phone vibrated and I jumped a little. I reached over to see what it was, it was a text message from my friend Jose.
“DUDE something just happened we need to chill ASAP.”
“ dude its 2 am” i replied.
“i know i know. its...it's hard to explain. I'll go over your house tomorrow morning”
“ Yeah..some s*** went down here too” i replied
“ Really?”
I fell asleep and woke up to someone knocking downstairs. “I’m going,” I yelled.
As I walked out my room i noticed there were a few scratches on my door. They were carved really deep and they felt as if someone tried breaking through.  I walked down stairs to open the door as i opened the door my friend Jose barged in i smelled death. He had dark bags under his eyes as if he hasn't slept in days,  hair was all over the place like grass that hasn’t been cut in days. “ Are you okay man?” i asked
¨ Im fine just… just close the door man”
Jose began to walk back and forth and began to breathe deeply. he had a Black hoodie on and black jeans with holes by his knees. He scratched his head multiple times.
‘’ are you okay man?’’
‘’We shouldn't had played that game...we. we should of listen to your mom!”
Two days ago Jose and I played this  game called the ouija it was a board with letters on it. On one side it had yes and on the other it had no on the bottom it had goodbye. Its just a board game we thought. But as a hispanic and coming from a hispanic family I was always told not to play that game. It consist of bad vibes, bad luck, and contact to demons and ghost.  I Didn't believe my mother i thought it was all a myth.  “I have the board up stairs!” I yelled.
“ WHAT?!” Jose yelled with fear in his voice.
“ we can burn it or something” i asked.
we both ran up the stairs jose was in front of me as we both watched the MY bedroom door slam shut. we both yelled as something grabs my ankle and drags me down to the stairs.
Jose ran towards my room to reach for the board as I ran up the stairs once again. we both grabbed the board and reach to say goodbye. we began to feel peace in our home. We began to realize the evil spirit was gone. We shouldn't have played that ouija.  We shouldn't have gone into the palm reading house.