Love U Like a Dream-Chapter Five (Part One) | Teen Ink

Love U Like a Dream-Chapter Five (Part One)

April 27, 2015
By LittleTownAuthor533 SILVER, Middletown, Indiana
LittleTownAuthor533 SILVER, Middletown, Indiana
9 articles 48 photos 33 comments

Favorite Quote:
"At any given moment, you have the power to say 'This is NOT how the story is going to end.'"

-from a picture my mom sent me in an email (AKA Unknown)


I wake up in bed, although why I am currently not reviewing another of my memories, I do not know.

Suddenly, a quiet sound shatters through my thoughts. I listen closely, trying to interpret what it is.

Oh.....My heart melts a little bit when I realize that it's someone crying.

A part of me wants to find the source and comfort them, but another part of me is afraid of getting caught.

The crying grows louder until finally, I can't hear myself think.

It's decided: I'm going to have to sneak into the crying person's room and see what's wrong.

I swing my legs over the edge of the bed and press my feet to the floor. The cold feel of the linoleum feels good.

I take one step at a time until I've reached the door to my room. It is barely cracked open, so I open it more. But it squeaks in protest as it wishes not to be turned on its rusty hinges.

I peek my head out of the hall and see that the halls are dark, but I see no one anywhere. But the crying sound continues.

I tip-toe out of my room and down the hall until the crying gets as loud as it is going to, which means I've reached the room of the crying person. I open the door, but this door does not squeak. In fact, it makes not a sound at all.

"Hello?" I call out in a whisper, because the room has no light on at all.

Then the girl in the bed turns on the lamp beside her. Then a flash of a memory comes back to me:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Happy Birthday, Rebekah! Hope you like my gift!" I exclaim in excitement. I slide the box across the table to her and her eyes light up brighter than mine.

"What is it, what is it, what is it?!" she bounces up and down in her chair, smiling brighter than her impeccable blue eyes.

"Open it and find out!" I answer back.

She rips open the pink and white polka-dotted wrapping paper and she raises an eyebrow.

Honestly, I was expecting another reaction, but I'll take what I can get, I guess.

"You got me a lamp?" She glares at me aggravatedly.

My eyebrows knit together in worried concern, "I thought you would like it..."

She brightens for a moment as I bow my head in shame. I really feel bad for not getting what she wanted.

That's when I feel her strong but thin arms wrap around my waist as she says, "I love it. I'll keep it forever."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I fall to my butt on the hard linoleum floor, but I feel no pain. Only a bit of confusion.

"Are you alright?" The girl in the bed asks me as she swings her legs over the railing to get up.

She walks slowly to me as if she's unsure where to go.

I look up and involuntarily gasp.

This is my sister, Rebekah, but her once blue as the ocean eyes are now a pearly white.

She was blinded in the accident.

"I said, are you okay?" She repeats, holding her arms out in front of her, trying to tell where to go, "Where are you?"

"Right here, Rebekah," I montonely reply.

"Do I know you?" She murmurs her eyes, expressionless.

I stand up and hug her. I feel tears rise to her eyes as they get my hospital gown wet.

"Angel...?" She is almost speechless. She hugs me back with those boney arms of hers.

"I'm here," I declare, "and I'm not leaving you ever again."


The author's comments:

this is the follow up to my first story on here, but I'm now making it up as I go as the original word doc. was lost. So wish me luck on continuing this!