Sense attack: part 1 | Teen Ink

Sense attack: part 1

By TheEukaryote17 PLATINUM, Hull, Massachusetts
TheEukaryote17 PLATINUM, Hull, Massachusetts

“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” - MLK

Sense attack 1 Story:
It's done. Our fates are intwined like the tangling of wires. At first, which is where I'll start, it was just laser tongue, spark finger, and the whistler. Not even me at that point yet. They were called the sense attackers. Weird names all together, I know. My name was the most normal actually. My name is enoe. But this story isn't about me. I come in another day. We all had weird names because we were heroes. We needed identities, something to give hope. What better way to give hope than to give a laugh and show that there is still room for a smile in the world.

The first hero was the whistler. He was the leader too, when the team came together. He could make people think that they were being talked to by whistling in a certain tune. He was telepathic, and had many powers related to it. The next was laser tongue. In the movies people shoot lasers out of their eyes. That probably felt like crap too. But imagine it coming out of your mouth! That is what laser tongue is all about. He doesn't actually have a tongue that is solid, so he can't talk! The next is spark fingers. He would put his index and middle fingers together and create colorful sparks, he learned he had those powers the hard way, I feel bad for his victim... It was great to have such a fun team, but this was just the first group. This story will be about them, this isn't the beginning or the end though. With all heroes comes villains, and that is this story.

"His name is dark light." Sparky said. That's spark fingers nickname, though he hated it. He had a nickname, for a nickname. Sparky was in charge of the book. This book kept track of who they defeated and a lot of other things like their weaknesses and stuff. "What's his power?" Asked whistler. "If voices could kill, this would be it." Sparky replied. "How do we take that down? Ear plugs?!" Laser signed joking about the ear plugs, but worried about how they would actually do it. "I don't know, any ideas sparky?" Asked whistler. "I told you I hated that! But anyway yeah." Answered sparky. "Why do you hate it?" Signed laser mouth. "Because it sounds like an animal name!" Answered sparky. "It doesn't matter, share how we do it." Demanded whistler.

"You could control him with your whistle while laser and I attack him." Said sparky. "Not bad." Admitted whistler.

"But first we need more information on him. Do your recall thingy." Sparky suggested. Whistler could look back in time remembering, and notice things he didn't at first and could use his telepathic touch to help him, he called this recalling. They did this and the whistler went back on memory. Time was still, nothing was moving. The whistler looked around. There was dark light. He was sitting in a dark room. Except there was something very strange about it. Dark light had his eyes closed. Then he opened them and said: "Leave. It must be done." The whistler was extremely confused and had no idea what any of that meant. He figured his recalling would not work on dark light and it was completely useless. "There's no evidence of anything here. We're at a dead end" whistler said.

Then they decided to go the most recent crime scene. It was behind a restaurant. He would touch objects around the crime scene and have visions of clues. That is another reason he was the leader. The whistler gathered a large amount of clues. The first was that it was related to his recalling. Dark light was scavenging for food. The whistler touched a garbage dumpster and that dark light was eating out of it. The whistler told the rest of the sense attackers about each clue as he found them. "That is disgusting!" Sparky said. "Be grateful you can eat normal food at all Sparky!" Laser mouth signed angrily. Laser couldn't eat normal food (he has to drink it), he couldn't talk, he couldn't live a normal life. Since everyone else had one, it was a topic that popped up a lot. "Don't call me sparky!" Sparky said to laser almost as angry. "Knock it off, were here to kick dark light, not each other." The whistler said to them, as angry as both of them. The whistler continued touching things. He touched the back door of the restaurant. Then the whistler saw the victim taking out a trash bag. He saw the reaction of the victim. "Get out of here you homeless freak!" The victim said about dark light. Then the vision ended. Then he walked over to touch where the victim died. In the vision he saw dark light whisper under his breath "freak?" It had offended him. Then dark light attacked him.

Then... The whistler saw dark light look into his eyes in the vision, like he knew he was looking back through a vision. "I am no freak, not worthless, no coward either. I am in town square right now, come fight me there. I can see you. I have the power too." Dark light was actually talking to the whistler. That had never happened before and it kind of scared him. The whistler obviously told the rest of the group. They weren't as scared as the whistler though. They knew that they had to do justice even if he was the scariest enemy they have ever faced.

They immediately went to town square hoping that they weren't too late. They went there and he appeared there out of no where in seconds. "Remember the plan?" Laser signed. They all remembered it. The whistler stepped forward and started whistling the tune where his victims don't move. Dark light looked restrained and wasn't moving. Laser and sparky ran toward him to attacked him. Then, suddenly, dark light threw sparky and laser back. Each with one hand. They were stunned. Dark light ran toward the whistler. The whistler tried his hardest to stop him with the whistle. It did work, but not much. Dark light grabbed the whistler by the throat and whispered in his ear: "I have seen it. I must do this to ensure it. I'm sorry, you were a good man. But a scream can always be heard over a whisper." Then the whistler died. Dark lights voice had killed him. Only the whistler knew what dark light said, and what he meant. The whistler wasn't mad at dark light in his last moment, he knew he was a good person, but needed to do this. Then dark light disappeared. Laser and sparky witnessed it happen.

Sparky ran up to the whistlers dead body. "I'm sorry, call me sparky all you want, I love it. Don't leave!" Laser just cried and stared. He couldn't speak to him, no goodbyes, or he would destroy him. There was nothing laser could do to say goodbye. Sparky was regretting being so mad at whistler for stupid things. He already missed him so much. Laser and sparky stood, promising to find dark light and get revenge, but in the form, of justice.

This takes place in era 18 in my hero storyline 1. This is sense attack part 1. Other parts will be posted in the future. Hopefully eventually most of all eras will be posted.