Secret | Teen Ink

Secret

January 6, 2009
By Anonymous

It was her secret, her desperate secret to keep forever. Forever and ever. She wove it, she designed it, and she poured out her sole and her love to create it. It was the secret she would never share. For to share it meant to live, live with people, live with the hatred of life, the ugliness of scorn. It shouldn’t have been that difficult, but it was, it always had been. Now she had her world. She soared on her pair of wings that allowed her to go anywhere, do anything. She had her companions, her true friends that she created just for herself. On one side soared a golden bronze dragon, on the other side a flaming phoenix. More of her companions awaited her, her displayed in her new, perfect body. Her flawless eyes could see the world, could watch her younger sister play down below, never growing older, never dieing again. Soon wings would be created for Tanya, so she could soar with Gabby. They would soar together. They could rule the kingdom Gabby created, fall in love with perfect princes, soar as the Queens of tantalizing Dragons, life size magical fairies, elves with everlasting beauty, dwarfs who could sculpt like no others, and anything else Gabby could imagine. It was her world. No abuse could touch them any longer as her sister and her soared through an azure blue sky. No beatings as they ran through the castle gardens screaming with joy. No memories of such tortures could survive in her place, her land, her and her sister’s home a sanctuary of peace.